C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

cruise control not working help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
brandon1566
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default cruise control not working help!!

My cruise control stopped working a few weeks ago. I checked all the fuses what else could it be besides the cruise control button? help appreciated.

thanks brandon
Old 07-08-2005, 02:36 PM
t56gen3
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Generally my experience with GM cars usually leads to the switch (blinker assembly) or the clutch safety switch.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:19 PM
BigLew
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I know how you feel

My just quit also, check the codes. Mine is showing a code for the clutch engagement. Must be when we put in the new clutch. Computer is reading that the clutch in not completly out??
Old 07-08-2005, 03:22 PM
t56gen3
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigLew
My just quit also, check the codes. Mine is showing a code for the clutch engagement. Must be when we put in the new clutch. Computer is reading that the clutch in not completly out??
Sounds like the clutch safety switch is bad or out of adjustment. Should be fairly easy to check.

Most of the ones I've seen are adjustable to the pedal location, but sometimes they move and don't trip properly.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:27 PM
FlyinNOE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was slamming gears about 3 months ago getting on the freeway and when I hit 80 MPH tried to set the cruise. Like you guys, it wouldn't work.

I figured it might be the clutch switch so I put the clutch all the way to the floor and slowly engaged 6th again. Everything worked great after that. Try going all the way to the floor and then letting it out. Worked for me

Hope it helps.

Brian

Get notified of new replies

To cruise control not working help!!

Quick Reply: cruise control not working help!!