C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Did I waste my money with a Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Did I waste my money with a Predator?

I bought a Predator for my 04' Z. I'm running just an X-pipe and a Honker CAI. I'm convinced that with the Predators basic stock tune, the car is SLOWER. Are there any other numbers I can mess with safely to get my money's worth out of this $400 computer?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 AM
tv7son
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=10

This will get you in the ball park.

I have a Predator and don't use it anymore.

Just getting statred is a big problem and the instructions above were a big help to me.

Good luck with yours.
SFS

Last edited by tv7son; 03-28-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:00 PM
VETTING
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
I bought a Predator for my 04' Z. I'm running just an X-pipe and a Honker CAI. I'm convinced that with the Predators basic stock tune, the car is SLOWER. Are there any other numbers I can mess with safely to get my money's worth out of this $400 computer?
I bought one of these units but sent it back when I realized that you can not alter a pre-existing program with it as the ad I read somewhat implied. That little lesson cost me a 20% handling fee ($65!!!). Live and learn.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
RockyL32
Burning Brakes

Location: If your not the lead dog the view never changes Boise, Id
Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by tv7son
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=10

This will get you in the ball park.

I have a Predator and don't use it anymore.

Just getting statred is a big problem and the instructions above were a big help to me.

Good luck with yours.
SFS
WOW Great info . I have an 04 A4 and love my Diablo predator.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

Predators help automatic trans C5 the most.

But the only way to determine if your's is better or worse is to do some before and after 1/4 runs and compare time slips.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:53 PM
debmwb
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VETTING
I bought one of these units but sent it back when I realized that you can not alter a pre-existing program with it as the ad I read somewhat implied. That little lesson cost me a 20% handling fee ($65!!!). Live and learn.
Guess that depends on what you want to alter. You can modify both the factory and the performance tune.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:19 AM
2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Drifting

yes, should have invested in hptuners
Old 03-31-2006, 09:47 PM
VETTING
Instructor

Originally Posted by debmwb
Guess that depends on what you want to alter. You can modify both the factory and the performance tune.
The problem was I wanted to ckeck and adjust a custom tune by a local tuner. I was having fuel mix issues, too rich/lean, maybe tweek fans, which took multiple trips back to shop, 100+ plus miles round trip. I actually bought a predator because the advertisement stated that it accepted custom programs. I thought that I would be able to adjust the existing custom tune. One of the first thing the instructions say is that is does not accept a non-factory tune. I returned it but that little lesson cost me 65$!!! Just another paid lesson...
Old 04-01-2006, 07:10 PM
BLKTA
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTING
The problem was I wanted to ckeck and adjust a custom tune by a local tuner. I was having fuel mix issues, too rich/lean, maybe tweek fans, which took multiple trips back to shop, 100+ plus miles round trip. I actually bought a predator because the advertisement stated that it accepted custom programs. I thought that I would be able to adjust the existing custom tune. One of the first thing the instructions say is that is does not accept a non-factory tune. I returned it but that little lesson cost me 65$!!! Just another paid lesson...
Look into a software program like HPtuners or EFIlive. They both offer much more flexible and precise tuning for almost every parameter/table in the PCM. The initial cost may seem high, but once you use one, you will never look back.

Get notified of new replies

To Did I waste my money with a Predator?

Quick Reply: Did I waste my money with a Predator?