C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Minor problems after H/C setup and tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:51 AM
nikolai
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Minor problems after H/C setup and tune

After my ETP 215 heads/cam, QTP LT headers, clutch, and UD pulley installed and dyno-tuned, there are a few minor issues I have to deal with.

Speedometer-doesn't function on HUD or gauges
Cruise Control- doesn't work at all
low battery voltage (12.4)

DIC Problems:
-fuel options not working
-odometer/tip mileage readings not working

Anybody know what may be causing any of these problems? I am going to have them worked out by the end of the week (hopefully) between a dealer mechanic and my installer/tuner, but I was just seeing if I could get some info on what they may be beforehand.

Thanks!

Nick
Old 04-04-2006, 07:15 PM
BLKTA
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

If this happened right after your h/c install I would check a couple of things just to make sure.

1) Check the ground straps to make sure they are properly connected on back of the cylinder head. There should be three.

2) Are you actually checking the voltage at the battery posts with a digital multi meter? Double check both alternator connectors for tightness. There is the regular feed coming from battery/aux and the smaller single wire that plugs into the alternator. I doubt it's the smaller one, but just make sure.

Quick Reply: Minor problems after H/C setup and tune