C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Advice on Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:20 AM
02blkvert
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Tuning

I recently added a few mods to my c5 and was wondering what are my tuning options and what would be the best route for me.I went from a stock c5 LS1 to adding a k&n cold air,kooks long tube headers,x pipe,corsa exhaust and a predator. Now i must say the difference is night and day and i am extremely happy with the results i have gotten its a complete different animal.The only negative at the moment is that i have a po420 and a po430 with is due the catalytic, i have read that with some custom tuning this can be fixed. My questions are the following, should i learn the parameters on the diablo and do the tuning my self? pay for a custom mail order tune? or just go get a dyno tune at local shop?(i rather not down here in miami all the tuners are full crap)
Please drop in and give me ur feedback as maybe it can help me make a decesion.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 10:58 AM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02blkvert
I recently added a few mods to my c5 and was wondering what are my tuning options and what would be the best route for me.I went from a stock c5 LS1 to adding a k&n cold air,kooks long tube headers,x pipe,corsa exhaust and a predator. Now i must say the difference is night and day and i am extremely happy with the results i have gotten its a complete different animal.The only negative at the moment is that i have a po420 and a po430 with is due the catalytic, i have read that with some custom tuning this can be fixed. My questions are the following, should i learn the parameters on the diablo and do the tuning my self? pay for a custom mail order tune? or just go get a dyno tune at local shop?(i rather not down here in miami all the tuners are full crap)
Please drop in and give me ur feedback as maybe it can help me make a decesion.

Thanks
If all you want to do is delete the codes, the predator should be able to do that. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, you should be able to contact Mike @ Diablosport and he can do it for you, email it back, and you dump it in the PCM.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 AM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

I wouldnt say all the tuners by you are crap.

You have Dan Masport just north of you if you are in Miami
Old 01-08-2010, 02:58 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The problem you'll have is tuning for the LT headers---A Predator won't address the correct tables to tune it properly---The codes po420/po430 are a result of the LT's and the X-pipe---The only real way to fix so they don't come back is with a full blown tune---They can turn off all the enablers that are related to the cats----
As far as tuning goes---The reason LT's aren't legal like in calif--is because the only way to correct the issues they bring is by getting a tune--Which most shops can't do---what happens is the 02 bungs on the Lt's are further back then they were with stock manifolds---so your ECM gets erroneous 02 readings--The Stoich of 14.68-1 is now really much richer--something in the 14.0 to 14.5 range--The HC on your smog go way up---But you have to be careful--if you lean it down too much then your cats won't light off and your Nox goes way up ---To get it back to 14.68 you have to trick the ECM into running leaner in closed loop---Most all tuners have a diff. opinin on how to do this--It can be very difficult----BUT if you aren't in a smog stae--then don't worry--But just remember your closed loop AFR is richer--(poorer fuel mileage-)---You still deff. need to log your WOT PE fuel AFR's which change with LT's too--
Old 01-08-2010, 06:43 PM
02blkvert
Advanced

Originally Posted by phils C5 vette
I wouldnt say all the tuners by you are crap.

You have Dan Masport just north of you if you are in Miami
Where exactly is he located? you know where i can get his info?

Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
02blkvert
Advanced

Originally Posted by tblu92
The problem you'll have is tuning for the LT headers---A Predator won't address the correct tables to tune it properly---The codes po420/po430 are a result of the LT's and the X-pipe---The only real way to fix so they don't come back is with a full blown tune---They can turn off all the enablers that are related to the cats----
As far as tuning goes---The reason LT's aren't legal like in calif--is because the only way to correct the issues they bring is by getting a tune--Which most shops can't do---what happens is the 02 bungs on the Lt's are further back then they were with stock manifolds---so your ECM gets erroneous 02 readings--The Stoich of 14.68-1 is now really much richer--something in the 14.0 to 14.5 range--The HC on your smog go way up---But you have to be careful--if you lean it down too much then your cats won't light off and your Nox goes way up ---To get it back to 14.68 you have to trick the ECM into running leaner in closed loop---Most all tuners have a diff. opinin on how to do this--It can be very difficult----BUT if you aren't in a smog stae--then don't worry--But just remember your closed loop AFR is richer--(poorer fuel mileage-)---You still deff. need to log your WOT PE fuel AFR's which change with LT's too--
Sounds good, would you go with a mail order tune?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:58 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

well, you can't disable the codes yourself with the newer predators... that functionality was removed due to EPA regulations....

they can be disabled with a custom tune though...

and if you'd like a complete custom tune from a diablosport CMR tuner (like me), you can get even more giddy-up from your car over the preset tune....

if interested, you can check out my info (and a small sample of some testimonials I've gotten from other's I've tuned) at this site:

http://www.eprowebdesigns.com/DiabLew_tune/

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
02blkvert
Advanced

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
well, you can't disable the codes yourself with the newer predators... that functionality was removed due to EPA regulations....

they can be disabled with a custom tune though...

and if you'd like a complete custom tune from a diablosport CMR tuner (like me), you can get even more giddy-up from your car over the preset tune....

if interested, you can check out my info (and a small sample of some testimonials I've gotten from other's I've tuned) at this site:

http://www.eprowebdesigns.com/DiabLew_tune/
pm sent
Old 01-10-2010, 08:12 AM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by 02blkvert
Where exactly is he located? you know where i can get his info?

Thanks
I dont know if he's a sponsor on this forum, but is on others.

Google his name. He's in Boca

Get notified of new replies

To Advice on Tuning

Quick Reply: Advice on Tuning