C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tuning GURU's HELP!! (converting EFI Live to HPTuners)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
06x6spdGTO
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tuning GURU's HELP!! (converting EFI Live to HPTuners)

Ok heres the deal, I have a 2006 M6 GTO with a Magnuson 112H installed by Lingenfelter. The car was tuned by LPE with Efi Live. I experienced a stock Cat failure and took my GTO into the stealership where they flashed my GTO. Now my LPE tune is gone, but Lingenfelter said they could send me the EFI Live Tune for my car. The only problem is I have HP tuners Pro. The car was not Tuned with a Custom Efi Live OS. The Stock OS (MAF) is what LPE modified.

So im looking to find someone who could convert the file over to HPT format for me, or someone who owns both EFI Live and HPT as well as an 06 M6 GTO.

If i find someone who has both i could send them the EFI Live File. They could then upload that tune into their PCM. Pull the Tune out by Reading Entire with HP tuners and email me the tune back. Thus converting the file from EFI Live to HPT.

Anyone have any other suggestions for converting the tune???
Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 PM
herZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car was tuned with EFI live, and my tuner runs HP Tuner... EFI live told us that in order to use HP tuner you must set your ECU back to stock and start from scratch with EFI live. I wasn't aware that files could be converted... so I'd like to see if this is possible! I still haven't got the issue sorted out. Purchased EFI live from a guy on here, but he didn't send the cable and evidently doesn't know if he even has it... Blah. Good luck...
Old 04-12-2010, 09:48 PM
06x6spdGTO
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

well from what little reading ive done, Ive gathered that as long as your car wasnt tuned with a custom OS (i.e. 2 Bar Speed Density). You can let the PCM due the converting for you. The problem im having is i dont have a way to upload the EFI Live tune since i dont have EFI Live!!! Errr!!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Im pretty sure Herz06 is correct. As far as im aware they can not be converted.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:18 PM
0Steve@TunedbyFrost.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any tuner with both packages can get you straightened out. As noted previously, as long as no custom OS's are used, it won't be a problem.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:58 AM
BLOWNZO6
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO
Ok heres the deal, I have a 2006 M6 GTO with a Magnuson 112H installed by Lingenfelter. The car was tuned by LPE with Efi Live. I experienced a stock Cat failure and took my GTO into the stealership where they flashed my GTO. Now my LPE tune is gone, but Lingenfelter said they could send me the EFI Live Tune for my car. The only problem is I have HP tuners Pro. The car was not Tuned with a Custom Efi Live OS. The Stock OS (MAF) is what LPE modified.

So im looking to find someone who could convert the file over to HPT format for me, or someone who owns both EFI Live and HPT as well as an 06 M6 GTO.

If i find someone who has both i could send them the EFI Live File. They could then upload that tune into their PCM. Pull the Tune out by Reading Entire with HP tuners and email me the tune back. Thus converting the file from EFI Live to HPT.

Anyone have any other suggestions for converting the tune???
You should be able to take the PCM out of the car, send it to LPE and have them reflash it.

When you get it back, just read the file with your HP Tuners and you won't have the problem again.

Talk to LPE for sure, but I think this would save you some headache, other than removing the PCM which should be a 15 minute job.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuning GURU's HELP!! (converting EFI Live to HPTuners)

Quick Reply: Tuning GURU's HELP!! (converting EFI Live to HPTuners)