C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Can't go over 80 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 09:35 PM
FastGhost
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't go over 80 MPH

I have a friend that is having this problem:

Does anyone know if this is due to the after market shocks. I found the module in the back unplugged. I plugged it back in and the codes came up. do I need to by simulators or can I do something else? does it need to have a Tech II put on it? When I unplugged it nothing changed. When I get to 80 it cuts off and the codes come up.Can someone please help me.
Thank you
Old 08-23-2011, 02:42 PM
SueTaing
Racer

I did the same thing.

Plugged the module back in... and error came back up.

You will need access to a Tech II to disable it and make sure no one ever plugs in the module in the trunk.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:09 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastGhost
I have a friend that is having this problem:

Does anyone know if this is due to the after market shocks. I found the module in the back unplugged. I plugged it back in and the codes came up. do I need to by simulators or can I do something else? does it need to have a Tech II put on it? When I unplugged it nothing changed. When I get to 80 it cuts off and the codes come up.Can someone please help me.
Thank you
What year is the car? F45, or F55? I've done a few F45 deletes, and one F55 delete. The F45s are much easier.

Next question is where are you located?
Old 08-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Easy fix get them deleted with a tech 2, put simulators on them or add resistors. Just type in F45 delete in the search and lots of info comes up. You can do it for 5 bucks or 80-100 depending on what someone charges for that and I forgot how much the simulators are. Like I said do a search lots of info.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:16 AM
04blackice
Burning Brakes

?for u and others.do u have stock tire size? I was told if i change my 40 in front and 35 n rear it will not let me go over 80 due to stagger wheel size and wheel speed sensors..any truth to this?
Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by 04blackice
?for u and others.do u have stock tire size? I was told if i change my 40 in front and 35 n rear it will not let me go over 80 due to stagger wheel size and wheel speed sensors..any truth to this?
Nope. I don't even know anyone personally that has stock sizes. hell most of the people on here don't have them either and never heard of a issue. I run 265/35/18 and 295/35/18 no issues. I hope whoever told you that isn't asking you to come in for a tire rotation either lol.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:27 PM
stonabones69
Drifting

I had the same problem and used the Simulators to fix. I've since changed my stock ecm to the Holley Dominator eliminating the need for the simulators. That said, Id be happy to sell mine. If interested pm me for info...

PS. Edcmat-l1 is a rock star.....! He's worked tons of magic on my car several times... to Ed...
Old 08-30-2011, 07:44 AM
04blackice
Burning Brakes

Default wow

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Nope. I don't even know anyone personally that has stock sizes. hell most of the people on here don't have them either and never heard of a issue. I run 265/35/18 and 295/35/18 no issues. I hope whoever told you that isn't asking you to come in for a tire rotation either lol.
west coast corvette in cali told me that. Wtf. I figured they knew what they doing.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:48 PM
WCC JOE
Supporting Vendor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 04blackice
west coast corvette in cali told me that. Wtf. I figured they knew what they doing.
That was not the information give. What was said is that stagger ratio needs to be consistent. Meaning if you change wheels and tires size the diameter in the back needs to be slightly larger than the front or the ABS/traction control will report error codes. If you remove the codes with a Tech 2 they will come back on a while later. Some cars react instantly and some take a few hours.
To the OP regarding the shocks, the other members are correct. If you have the mag ride options, sims are needed. From experience not all years accept the sims.
Best of luck guys. We there is anything I can help with please let us know.

JOE@WCC

Last edited by WCC JOE; 08-30-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:36 AM
04blackice
Burning Brakes

Default hmm

Originally Posted by WCC Boost
That was not the information give. What was said is that stagger ratio needs to be consistent. Meaning if you change wheels and tires size the diameter in the back needs to be slightly larger than the front or the ABS/traction control will report error codes. If you remove the codes with a Tech 2 they will come back on a while later. Some cars react instantly and some take a few hours.
To the OP regarding the shocks, the other members are correct. If you have the mag ride options, sims are needed. From experience not all years accept the sims.
Best of luck guys. We there is anything I can help with please let us know.

JOE@WCC
mabye a miscomunication on both sides.but i do recall being told having problems going over 70 or 80 thats why i stayed with same wheel and tire size.anywho whoever messed up. Blah.. thanks for info update
Old 11-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Rodneyp
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by stonabones69
I had the same problem and used the Simulators to fix. I've since changed my stock ecm to the Holley Dominator eliminating the need for the simulators. That said, Id be happy to sell mine. If interested pm me for info...

PS. Edcmat-l1 is a rock star.....! He's worked tons of magic on my car several times... to Ed...
Do still have simulators

Get notified of new replies

To Can't go over 80 MPH

Quick Reply: Can't go over 80 MPH