C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Is it hard to use LS1 Edit correctly?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 03:14 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Is it hard to use LS1 Edit correctly?

Correctly is the operative word here. I mean, how hard is it to learn what you need to know in order NOT to do more harm than good? LS1 Edit can do so many things in helping you tune the PCM, but if you don't know what the hell you're doing, I suspect it's better to pay someone to do the tuning. If it's not too hard, I'm gonna get it.

Thanks,
Old 09-07-2002, 01:59 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Default Re: Is it hard to use LS1 Edit correctly? (Rapid Transit)

If you have a general understanding of how the PCM controls things its not too bad. Some tables and functions are kind of cryptic and are better left alone. I have my own wideband so I'm not scared of making changes a little at a time. Its worth it in the beginning just for basic things like fans, shift points/firmness, gearing and getting you ltrims in line. It costs almost the same as a MAFT and a HPP3 so even if you use it just for those basic functions its worth it imo. Its also worth it just to do little things like raise the idle and delete the rear O2s and AIR stuff...

Some tuners will use your ls1-edit (and even charge a little less then using theirs) so you can make changes down the road. It takes a little reading and research but there are people willing to help and a some good web sites with enough info to get you started like: http://ls1edit.slowcar.net/

It would be nice if carputing had a 'demo' so that you could just read some sample files and you could see how the software works before spending 550.00..
Old 09-07-2002, 02:47 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Re: Is it hard to use LS1 Edit correctly? (kp)

Yep, a demo version would be nice. Guess I'll just have to read and learn.

Thanks,

Get notified of new replies

To Is it hard to use LS1 Edit correctly?

Quick Reply: Is it hard to use LS1 Edit correctly?