C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Recommendations on tuners

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Vijay Venugopal
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Recommendations on tuners

Hey guys, recently supercharged my 98 vette coupe. Looking for tuner recommendations in the northeast (I'm in Eastern CT).
My car has an old cogged V1 vortech blower with a custom intercooler, intake, and pipes. Otherwise, BTR Stage II NA cam with rods and springs, TopSpeed 1 7/8 LT headers into catless mids, borla stinger axleback. Clutch being broken in now (ACT). Still with stock fuel pump and injectors (yes, I know). Looking for tuner recommendations in CT, MA, or NY. After fuel is done, car will be towed to wherever for tuning.
The car does have a base MAP street tune running very rich to keep it safe. Looking to clean it up.

Here's the car:

Thanks,

Vijay

Last edited by Vijay Venugopal; 04-27-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:44 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

This is a problem when piecing together SC components to save $$$ If you bought a complete new SC kit they always come with available tuning----This is the best option as if you have issues you have someone to go back to to fix them
When buying SC components and doing your own system you need to have a 3rd party tune your engine----This is NOT a mail order tuned option--The tuner must have access to your car t tune it correctly----Any tuner in your area who has experience with modded LS engines can tune it properly With boost they must always use a wideband to get the WOT AFR's correct and safe---as well as your timing so you don't have any detonation which can destroy a boosted engine--
Old 04-27-2017, 07:32 AM
Vijay Venugopal
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
This is a problem when piecing together SC components to save $$$ If you bought a complete new SC kit they always come with available tuning----This is the best option as if you have issues you have someone to go back to to fix them
When buying SC components and doing your own system you need to have a 3rd party tune your engine----This is NOT a mail order tuned option--The tuner must have access to your car t tune it correctly----Any tuner in your area who has experience with modded LS engines can tune it properly With boost they must always use a wideband to get the WOT AFR's correct and safe---as well as your timing so you don't have any detonation which can destroy a boosted engine--
This kit is all custom, didn't cheap out lol. Was looking for people's experience in the past with the big tuner shops in the area, that's all. Car was tuned with HP tuners and a wide band on the street already, but was made rich for safety til I could get a dyno tune on it
Old 05-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Caveboy
Drifting

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Try Corvette of Westchester. Chunk tuned my 99 remotely via Autocal! He did everything I asked for plus more. My car was surging and dying after my tune from 2 other tuners and He was able to fix all the issues.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 09:27 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,225 Likes on 538 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Caveboy
Try Corvette of Westchester. Chunk tuned my 99 remotely via Autocal! He did everything I asked for plus more. My car was surging and dying after my tune from 2 other tuners and He was able to fix all the issues.
I'll second Chuck CoW. He worked with me to tune my '99 base vert. Granted, not supercharged or anything like that, but I felt his level of communication and availability was second to none. I'm VERY happy with the tune he did for me.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 01:11 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Give us a call. I'll get it sorted out for you.

Originally Posted by Vijay Venugopal
Hey guys, recently supercharged my 98 vette coupe. Looking for tuner recommendations in the northeast (I'm in Eastern CT).
My car has an old cogged V1 vortech blower with a custom intercooler, intake, and pipes. Otherwise, BTR Stage II NA cam with rods and springs, TopSpeed 1 7/8 LT headers into catless mids, borla stinger axleback. Clutch being broken in now (ACT). Still with stock fuel pump and injectors (yes, I know). Looking for tuner recommendations in CT, MA, or NY. After fuel is done, car will be towed to wherever for tuning.
The car does have a base MAP street tune running very rich to keep it safe. Looking to clean it up.

Here's the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMbvsHoAmY

Thanks,

Vijay

Give us a call. I'll get it sorted out for you. Also, give me a ring before you finish the build as I have some suggestions for you that will make the tuning go better.

Chuck CoW

914-332-0049

Get notified of new replies

To Recommendations on tuners

Quick Reply: Recommendations on tuners