C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

standalone ECU on hptuners Experts chime in

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Gxpz06
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default standalone ECU on hptuners Experts chime in

after I wired the stock Ecu stand alone a common issue was that It would only write tune with the car running,. No biggie at those times with stock engine..

issue is that I wont be able to start with bigger injectors and idle for much Bigger cam.... any ideas what wiring issue may be or remedy !?

thanks in advance
Old 05-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Vetteforplay
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have a spare computer plug you could make a bench harness or just double check these couple wires that are required.
https://sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/tuning-information/obd2-bench-harness
Old 05-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Gxpz06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Vetteforplay
If you have a spare computer plug you could make a bench harness or just double check these couple wires that are required.
https://sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/tuning-information/obd2-bench-harness

Very nice thank you ; that's what I thought about but I'm lazy I wondered if someone made bench set up?

; I would dignose this plus write tunes right on there (sounds nuts but in my set up it's actually facilitates logistics ))

I clicked and clicked and was able to force a write into it and tried cranking couple times but too late to make more noise ; if can't crank over and have to beat tune and tune into it a bench set up would be ideal )))
Old 05-18-2017, 05:06 PM
Gxpz06
Safety Car

Update::: appearantly the stock Ecu wont write if the voltage is Above 16v (explains why would write it running because it would drop Voltage )).. I could do a write up but I guess I may be the only Nut running 16v with otherwise stock stuff

worst of all I Ruined a brand new flywheel once it got hot from cranking the starter teeth is Not the weak link

Last edited by Gxpz06; 05-18-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To standalone ECU on hptuners Experts chime in

Quick Reply: standalone ECU on hptuners Experts chime in