C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Mail order tune or dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 10:33 PM
cabotgsxr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mail order tune or dyno?

1999 FRC 6spd. Car has k&n intake and about to install Kooks 1"7/8 off road x-pipe and B&B Bullets and the air pump removed. I hate having lights on, on the dash. My question is it worth it to take the car and have a dyno tune or would a mail order tune be ok? If a mail order tune would be ok what would your recommendations be for a mail order tune?
Old 05-19-2017, 03:32 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Those are light mods, a mail order tune would be plenty sufficient for them. If the car is local we would next offer a street tune but I rarely charge for a dyno tune unless the customer really wants to see the numbers.

If you look at our mail order tuning thread in here I think you will see it's pretty popular, $149 which includes return shipping in the US and they usually leave the same day received.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:05 AM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by cabotgsxr
1999 FRC 6spd. Car has k&n intake and about to install Kooks 1"7/8 off road x-pipe and B&B Bullets and the air pump removed. I hate having lights on, on the dash. My question is it worth it to take the car and have a dyno tune or would a mail order tune be ok? If a mail order tune would be ok what would your recommendations be for a mail order tune?
I think Dougs answer is correct. Unless you want every last HP and a dyno sheet the mail order tune should be fine.

I'm on the fence myself, Vararam and 1 3/4" headers are my only mods. Although I am considering adding an Intake and cam over the winter. So mail order tune for now and a dyno tune in the spring makes the most sense for me.
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (07-06-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 01:33 PM
0Tampa Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Corvette camaro Tuner in Tampa

i do a lot of mail order tuning, but I do it only if you have HP Tuners and we can exchange a couple scans so I can make sure the numbers are coming in the way I like them. It's a nice bang for the buck if you have or know someone with HP Tuner. If you have a Wideband plugged into your HPT I can dial in the car even better.
Check out my website for more details.

Www.TampaTuning.com
or shoot me an Email at Tuning@TampaTuning.com

thanks
Phil

Get notified of new replies

To Mail order tune or dyno?

Quick Reply: Mail order tune or dyno?