C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

HPT modifications theory only

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 12:21 AM
freshvette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPT modifications theory only

I dont know if anyone has played around with their products. Every product I get I like to open them up and play around with it, coming from a tech background.

Here is my conclusion for modifying an HPT standard box.

Let me start off by telling you I have not done this and I will not because I dont want to ruin my box. lol. If you want to try please share afterwards

I dont have a pro version to compare the boards. If you can get a snapshot and post it that would be great.

If you open the board up and see the board itself its self explanatory in making it a "pro" version. You would have to modify the cover, get an 8pin screw terminal, and solder it on the board where you see the open 8 pin points.

Now I do not know if you need additional connections like jumpers or what not to make it work on the board itself. I have not tested it with a multi-meter to see if the open points are reading anything. If it does it should work.

Let me know your thoughts.

8-pin screw terminal

HPT board
Old 06-30-2017, 03:02 AM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

Appears to be an IC missing right next to where the IO connector would go.

Quick Reply: HPT modifications theory only