C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

reduced engine power.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 02:43 PM
TonyFolk
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reduced engine power.

Corvette c5 1999. Message on display reads "reduced engine power" due to "traction control fault". Fault comes and goes. Any ideas where I can start looking for this one please?
Old 09-27-2017, 06:41 AM
insertclevername
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm pretty new to tuning my 04 C5Z. I would see reduced power when I would throw a P0068/P1514 (Calculated Airmass vs. TPS vs. RPM).

I made a table in HPT that scans cylinder airmass vs TPS & RPM. After logging I only transfer the the higher numbers to the VCM editor table. You wouldn't want to lower any values. I no longer get this error.

Without knowing your mods and whether you have the ability to tune, this was the best I could come up with.

*** I wanted to add, I seem to get the error when in SD (without MAF).***

Last edited by insertclevername; 09-27-2017 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:24 PM
RedRiderZR1
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

First I would pull the codes off the DIC. Did you make any changes to your car recently? If not, less of a tuning question and more of a fault somewhere. Possibly wheel speed sensors. But would need to see what codes your throwing. Plenty of threads on here how to do that if you don't know how to.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:40 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

On a stockish engine the most common fault for a reduced power or traction control fault is a faulty or fouled "wheel speed sensor" The wheel speed sensors are used by both the TC system and the ABS braking system--TC uses the sensor data to prevent the wheels from spinning on a hard launch --The ABS system uses the sensors to prevent the wheels from skidding on a hard stop-----These sensors often get wet fouled and simply need to be cleaned or worst case replaced---
IF you have NON stock tire sizes---this will also make the TC and ABS systems fault trigger -Tuning and correcting the rear tire height will normally fix this
Finally IF you car is heavily modded with hds/cam/LT headers --- this added amount of airflow will trigger a MAF VS TPS aniticipated airflow---
As mentioned above this will trigger a P1514 code and send your car into reduced power mode-----This can be easily fixed with tuning

Get notified of new replies

To reduced engine power.

Quick Reply: reduced engine power.