C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Modifying BCM RPOs help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 12:12 AM
Tsumi
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Modifying BCM RPOs help

Not sure where to put this, this seemed like the closest place.

Trying to do something unique and not much information on the web for it. Basically trying to make my car behave like a cross between Euro spec and US spec. I like the idea of a rear fog light, especially in very misty/heavy rain where just running lights can be hard to see, but I wanted the rear fog light to function like OEM. Also, I simply just like to tinker and create something unique. I was able to wire the rear fog control into the BCM and have it function properly. I have a clone Tech2 where I'm able to switch between US and EU RPOs, and this is the behavior of each:

US RPO: DRLs enabled. Approach lights are running lights, DRLs, and reverse lights. Rear fog light control is disabled. Trunk button control enabled.
EU RPO: DRLs disabled. Approach lights are DRLs only. Rear fog light control enabled. I can only assume the trunk button control is disabled in this mode, though I haven't tested it.

Basically, what I want to do is have the US RPO with rear fog light control enabled. Would EFILive or other aftermarket custom OS/tuner do this? Is there a way to force TIS2000 or GLOBALTIS to do it with a custom file?

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Modifying BCM RPOs help