C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Setup for SD tune for driveability/MPG...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 06:08 PM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Default Setup for SD tune for driveability/MPG...

It's been quite a while since I tuned with HP Tuners.
I SD tuned my last TT Z and it ran great and got great gas mileage during cruise (28-30mpg).

I picked up another TT vette last fall and would like to enable SD so that I can tune the lower cruise RPM range on the fuel map to decrease fuel smell and increase MPG (last time I checked it got about 21-22 mpg during a light cruise, using the old fill-the-tank-and-drive-it method, not the DIC). The car is catless, which I may ultimately change.

IMO, the tune could be cleaned up under lower rpm, though I won't truly know until I hook up a wideband.
I do have a wideband that I will be installing to link to HPTuners.

I'm looking for a refresher for the steps to force it into SD so I can tune fuel.

I may also need a refresher as to how to re-enable the MAF and check the tune with the MAF enabled.

Any tips/advice is appreciated.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:07 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

You wont get rid of the gas smell as long as the cats are deleted. Why do you think the tune needs to be cleaned up? Due to the gas smell? You could hook up VCM scanner and see what the fuel trims are doing as well. If they are disabled though it wont help.

You have to fail the MAF to put it into SD mode. Are you running a 2 or 3bar? I would be surprised if someone tuned a TT vette in SD but it does happen.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:00 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
You wont get rid of the gas smell as long as the cats are deleted. Why do you think the tune needs to be cleaned up? Due to the gas smell? You could hook up VCM scanner and see what the fuel trims are doing as well. If they are disabled though it wont help.

You have to fail the MAF to put it into SD mode. Are you running a 2 or 3bar? I would be surprised if someone tuned a TT vette in SD but it does happen.
I appreciate your response.

I am going to hook up the scanner and check everything but need to install the wideband first.
The car has a 3-bar sensor.
As I mentioned, I tuned my other vette in SD and ran it that way until I put it back to stock to sell it, ran very well on the SD tune.

I did find some of the basic info on the HPTuner forum but will need to take the time to get it set up properly so I can check AFR's at low load/throttle positions.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:50 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Sorry, I meant it would be odd if a TT vette wasnt tuned in SD.

Get notified of new replies

To Setup for SD tune for driveability/MPG...

Quick Reply: Setup for SD tune for driveability/MPG...