C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Jeff99
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tuners

Does anyone have a recommendation for a tuner that’s easy to operate, as I’ve never used one before. To start, I’d just like to adjust the cooling fans on off temps, and adjust for the just installed long tube headers, and dual element air filters. I did purchase a Diablosport in tune i3 , but prior to connecting it to car I called there tech line, and they said it won’t adjust for the headers, and I would have to buy a custom tune from them for another $150.00 . That doesn’t sound right to me. I would appreciate any help that you have, Thanks Jeff
Old 08-30-2018, 05:40 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,314 Likes on 886 Posts

They are correct in that you do need a custom tune to adjust for the headers as the built in tunes in the Diablosport are meant only for a stock car for specific octane rated gas.

I have a custom tune from Diablewtune with a first gen inTune. It is $150 but Diablew is one of the best tuners there is. Completely worth the cost. And if you do other mods like an aftermarket intake, he includes a year of free re-tuning.

DiablewTune
Old 08-30-2018, 06:32 PM
Jeff99
Heel & Toe

Thanks for the information, that’s the best description I’ve received. The guy at Diablosport tech, got a bit testy with me simply because I didn’t speak tuner languege. It’s helps a lot to have someone like you respond to my questions, after all how else am I going to learn. Thanks Again! Jeff
Old 09-02-2018, 08:29 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

If you are planning future mods and love to tinker then you may want to buy either HP or EFILVE software you can get them now with 1 license to tune only your car for about $750 and will have acces to every table in your ECM apprx 750 !!
Otherwise your other option would be to take it to a tuner and be done with it and they will give you a complete tune and If you have an aiuto trans an electronic shift kit as well Now if you go to a tuner that uses a dyno you're gonna pay .Depending where you live. Here in Calif I see prices from $450 to $750
BUT you don't need a dyno tune unless this is a dedicated race car---Best is to get a "street driven tune" that will accomplish virtually everything the same----Here I see street tunes from $200 to $350
Old 09-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Jeff99
Heel & Toe

Default Tuner

Originally Posted by Spaceme1117
They are correct in that you do need a custom tune to adjust for the headers as the built in tunes in the Diablosport are meant only for a stock car for specific octane rated gas.

I have a custom tune from Diablewtune with a first gen inTune. It is $150 but Diablew is one of the best tuners there is. Completely worth the cost. And if you do other mods like an aftermarket intake, he includes a year of free re-tuning.

DiablewTune
So, if I just want to adjust the on off temps for cooling fans and account for the full length headers, and dual cool air filters, and maybe something later on, I have to pay the $350.00 or so for the tuner, and then pay about $150.00 for each bolt on change like the headers and someday an intake? Jeff
Old 09-05-2018, 06:14 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff99

So, if I just want to adjust the on off temps for cooling fans and account for the full length headers, and dual cool air filters, and maybe something later on, I have to pay the $350.00 or so for the tuner, and then pay about $150.00 for each bolt on change like the headers and someday an intake? Jeff

no.. As long as you have the inTune i3 8245 Platinum version tool, I can definitely get you hooked up with a custom tune for your car and current mods.. for just $150...

I have you record real-world driving data logs on the street for me, so I can see exactly how your car is running and make the appropriate adjustments, etc. and get things dialed in for you/your car with its current mods....

Please email me at: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com with your vehicle year, mods done, etc.. and I can send you all of the info about the custom tuning, the process, etc...

FYI - I am "DiabLew Tune"...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-05-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuners

Quick Reply: Tuners