C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Cal smog up shift torque reduction

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 07:23 PM
californiajim
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Cal smog up shift torque reduction

I am considering a 2001 to 2004 auto trans corvette. Calif 2 year smog inspection now plugs into obd 2.
The question I have is: Will it pass california smog test with a 3.42 gear change and torque reduction elimination?
If not i'll just get another 6 speed, I have a Z06 and considering a second corvette, but would like an auto if the torque reduction elimination will pass smog test.
Thanks for the help anyone.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:20 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

No not at all A gear change nor elimiinating TQ MNGT has anything to do with passing emsssions
PS When doing a gear change on a C5 you do NOT have to make a speedo correction as the speedo sensor is on the output side of your diff unlike an F-Body However you should do a "shift point correction" on both WOT and P/T shifting and on both UPSHIFTS and DOWNSHIFTS The % is simple math on from what it was to the 3.42 Asumming it was either a 2.73 or a 3.15 gear the proper correction would be a - 25% on a 2.73 and a - 9% on a 3.15

Quick Reply: Cal smog up shift torque reduction