C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

tune stock C6 z51 with new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Max Schulze
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tune stock C6 z51 with new exhaust

Hi , I just installed a cat back Corsa sport exhaust and some k&n air filters . Once in a while I like to run the car wide open throttle thru the gears , do I need to have the car re tuned to prevent engine damage .
Old 01-08-2019, 05:51 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You probably don't need a tune with those mods. Get one if your check engine light comes on.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Ahnenerbe
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Max, I just went through this on my 2001 coupe, it has LT headers with cutouts and a cat back, plus cold air intake. My issue was the check engine light kept coming on for the air pump, and the front o2 sensors. The air pump tubes were removed as the headers had none. It took me a long time to find a tuner, but last week he tuned out the air system, and retuned the o2 sensors. The issue is the headers move the o2 sensors farther back, which is cooler exhaust gasses. so the bands don't read correctly.

Now all is well and good to go. So be aware you may throw the CEL and if you do it can be tuned but does not need to be with these mods. I have ocd so I had t have the light out.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:04 PM
JayhawkCPA
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Schulze
Hi , I just installed a cat back Corsa sport exhaust and some k&n air filters . Once in a while I like to run the car wide open throttle thru the gears , do I need to have the car re tuned to prevent engine damage .

You will be fine without a tune

Last edited by JayhawkCPA; 05-16-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To tune stock C6 z51 with new exhaust

Quick Reply: tune stock C6 z51 with new exhaust