C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Superchips experience?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 08:57 AM
Gunnmetalblue
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Superchips experience?

I won this tuner from one of the podcasts I listen to. Who has used one, and what tips/pointers/advice can you give?
https://superchips.com/shop/f5-gm-flashpaq

This is the podcast. It's very informative and the guys are fun to listen to.
http://www.underthehoodshow.com/
Old 12-24-2018, 11:34 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

You don't see much info about that... many will say sell it and get a real tune. It looks like you can change some basics like speedo calibration, some shift points for auto trans,, fans, code reader, datalogger, and has a performance tune or two on it.

I'd probably give it a go for fun assuming the car is stock. Big thing I would double check is to make sure fuel trims are low.... if the tune adjusts the MAF calibration at all and it's way off, your wide open throttle tuning will be off for sure.

If you don't really like it, you can always sell it.
The following users liked this post:
Gunnmetalblue (12-24-2018)
Old 12-29-2018, 03:57 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Couple things --Do you know how old the Superchips device is ?
There should be a way to get the date of manufacture-----If the origial owner bought it in 2001 (lets say ) it is 17 years old and the newer models for the same car have many many new updates
2nd You did not say if your headers are long tubes OR shorty hdrs
You can use a handheld to tune shortys but not long tubes as LT's require much more special tuning than availiable on any handheld---It may work but you will be leaving lots of HP on the table and P/T drive ability will suffer
3rd I see you live in Calif Older Super chips devices only offer 87 oct tunes ans 93 oct tunes But in Calif we only have 91 oct premium So you will have to run it on the 87 tune and there will be little HP gains
The later model newer SChips do have 87-----91----and 93 oct tunes----If yours has a 91 tune then it is a newer one
Finally All 97 and newer Corvettes are already pretty well tuned bone stock . Sp don't expect miracles at best maybe 12-17 RWHP . Unlike a Camaro or Silverado where tuning can often net 20-30 RWHP
Old 12-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Gunnmetalblue
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tblu92
Couple things --Do you know how old the Superchips device is ?
There should be a way to get the date of manufacture-----If the origial owner bought it in 2001 (lets say ) it is 17 years old and the newer models for the same car have many many new updates
2nd You did not say if your headers are long tubes OR shorty hdrs
You can use a handheld to tune shortys but not long tubes as LT's require much more special tuning than availiable on any handheld---It may work but you will be leaving lots of HP on the table and P/T drive ability will suffer
3rd I see you live in Calif Older Super chips devices only offer 87 oct tunes ans 93 oct tunes But in Calif we only have 91 oct premium So you will have to run it on the 87 tune and there will be little HP gains
The later model newer SChips do have 87-----91----and 93 oct tunes----If yours has a 91 tune then it is a newer one
Finally All 97 and newer Corvettes are already pretty well tuned bone stock . Sp don't expect miracles at best maybe 12-17 RWHP . Unlike a Camaro or Silverado where tuning can often net 20-30 RWHP
The tuner will be brand new, seeing as how I won it from a nationwide radio show.. I have JBA shorty headers
Old 01-10-2019, 09:14 AM
Gunnmetalblue
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Got the tuner yesterday. It's actually this one.

https://superchips.com/dashpaq_perfo...tuner_monitor/

Get notified of new replies

To Superchips experience?

Quick Reply: Superchips experience?