C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

MAFT & LS1 Edit

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 09:10 PM
newberd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAFT & LS1 Edit

Removed my MAFT today and reprogramed with LS1Edit. My first change was +15% across the board in the MAF table. Long term trim with AutoTap shows an avg of +8. I made a program change to increase another 5% but the last cell in the table will not accept a value over 511. The 120% increase over the stock table for this cell would be 514.224. I haven't loaded this second program yet, so I don't how much difference this extra 5% will make on the avg long term trim. Any ideas or suggestions? Injector offset? Larger injectors maybe? :confused: :cheers:
Old 11-03-2002, 12:32 AM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Default Re: MAFT & LS1 Edit (newberd)

Removed my MAFT today and reprogramed with LS1Edit. My first change was +15% across the board in the MAF table. Long term trim with AutoTap shows an avg of +8. I made a program change to increase another 5% but the last cell in the table will not accept a value over 511.
I doubt that your MAF will ever detect the last few upper frequencies in that table. I've never seen my MAF report any frequencies over 11,000 so the last 10 values in that table are useless to my car.

Drive your car WOT and check what MAF frequencies you are getting. FWIW, +20 MAF is a lot of correction.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:51 PM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LTFT +8, after a 15% bump to the MAF table? You show HyperTech III Programmer in your sig file. What impact does that have? Nitrous also?

For that much correction, you should be looking at your injector flow table.

Once you get your LTFT's where you want, look at your injector pulse width and calculate the duty cycle. If you are regularly running above 80%, bigger injectors would be worthwhile.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:41 AM
newberd
Racer

Default Re: MAFT & LS1 Edit (TooManyIDs)

Hey that for the info. I had the MAFT at +20% before this first 15% with LS1Edit and the MAFT unplugged. The +8 is the average partial throttle around town and up to 70mph highway. No spaying yet until I work through to WOT. The HyperTech program made no chages in this area of the program. I started with a stock LTerm table.

I loaded the additional 5% program this AM (total of +20%) and LTerm trims came down to a average of +4. The research I've done indicated to make the changes in LTerm tables. What kind of increase would you suggest if I try the injector flow table? What about fuel pressure increase? I'm at 68psi now. What pulse width would indicate 80%? :confused: :cheers:
Old 11-04-2002, 11:04 PM
newberd
Racer

LTerm average continues to come down. I have about 75mi since the last change and idle is at -.8 to +.8. At less than 25% throttle the average LTerm is -1.8. At 25% to 75% throttle the average LTerm is +4. WOT is 0. The IPW is 2ms at idle and the max at WOT is 17ms. Is this close enough or is some other adjustment needed? :confused:

[Modified by newberd, 9:07 PM 11/4/2002]
Old 11-05-2002, 08:08 PM
newberd
Racer

Any other suggestions? :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To MAFT & LS1 Edit

Quick Reply: MAFT & LS1 Edit