C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Opinion on Fuel Mix

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 01:04 PM
gyoung
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on Fuel Mix

Went to Dyno Day at TTP. The results showed the fuel mix too rich at upper RPMs. I currently have a predator sport tune and a vararam cold air intake. The question is, could the rich reading be due to the lack of the ram air effect at higher speeds adding more air into the throttle?

Old 10-19-2004, 01:16 AM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by gyoung
The results showed the fuel mix too rich at upper RPMs. I currently have a predator sport tune and a vararam cold air intake. The question is, could the rich reading be due to the lack of the ram air effect at higher speeds adding more air into the throttle?
Yes, that could account for it. Also bear in mind that dynos generally register slightly richer .

What was your A/F > 4K?
Old 10-19-2004, 01:12 PM
bigstud4ubaby
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I also have a Vortex Rammer, but I haven't bought the Predator Programmer yet. I was thinking about picking that up, then finishing the job on my intake by getting a new air bridge and a high flow performance MAF sensor. What kind of HP and Torque gains will I be looking at? Are you happy with the Predator so far? I have a 6-Speed so I won't get the benefits of upgraded shift points, only the fan adjustment and the A/F mixture.

Chris

Last edited by bigstud4ubaby; 10-19-2004 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

Another cause for running rich is the Air Intake Temperature. The advantage of the Veraram is not at the dyno (it shows good numbers) but on the street or track. Usually you are running on average 20 degrees cooler than the engine air temps. This is where you make the HP.

Another cause of rich fuel mix is a larger air bridge. Unless you have the PCM tuned, the MAF is using the amount of air passing through and adding fuel accordingly, based on an adaptive strategy programmed into the computer. You will notice stumbling on decel also when it become accute.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinion on Fuel Mix

Quick Reply: Opinion on Fuel Mix