C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone bought the "seat saver slip covers" or similar product to protect seats?

Old 04-18-2005, 10:48 AM
cadmanjm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone bought the "seat saver slip covers" or similar product to protect seats?

Wondering if they are worth the investment of about $80? I did see some nice one on a vet that was parked. Might preserve the interior from weather and wear. I am looking for advice or recommendations.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:43 PM
vet86blk
Intermediate

Default Ya, They work good

I bought some for a different car. I live in the south so the leather gets hot during the summer and they save on leg burns. Very happy with the fit and fabric. Very durable even after a few washes.

I would say they were worth $119 I paid through a BMW catalog.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:51 PM
RCK1999
Burning Brakes

I had bought a pair of these (made out of cloth) and ended up not liking the baggy fit. They seemed to slide around even after I snugged them down. I ended up going with a more formal seat cover with a much tighter fit.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:47 PM
greg_nate
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cadmanjm
Wondering if they are worth the investment of about $80? I did see some nice one on a vet that was parked. Might preserve the interior from weather and wear. I am looking for advice or recommendations.
I have a pair I'll sell you for $50. I think I paid $80 or something. They are new and never used. I washed them to get the dye out, and then never put them on as I got a neoprene set much later.

I can't attest to whether I liked them or not as I never used them. I might still even have the plastic bag they came in. FYI, I bought them from this forum a few months ago.

greg

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone bought the "seat saver slip covers" or similar product to protect seats?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone bought the "seat saver slip covers" or similar product to protect seats?