C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor went kaboom tonight....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 03:15 AM
kirbyloid
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wow

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
PM to reply sent:

Not a problem...
Hes flying out to pick up my car on Sat night and driving it back on sunday. were switching it to a water-air Intercooler.

All you will have to do is throw in your cam, bolt up your heads and slap it in. no need to change pistons, rings or anything else cause its already got it. 600 bucks and your time will have you back on the road in no time at all. I was gonna drop this motor in my C4, but you need it more than I do right now.

Lemme know and its yours my friend. You will even have a couple of weeks to come up with the cash. My car will be there for a few weeks. So you can have him ship it and just pay me sometime by the end of this month month. Just pay him and have him take it off of my bill.
To be honest with you I dont even know if I'm gonna have a bill (i'm sure I will) I havent even discussed it with him. I think he is swapping out my D1 for an F1R. If my bill is less than 500 bucks (please god) then just pay him what it is. If my bill is N/C (Yea Right) then the motor is free "Hows That". Less shipping of course. So you better try and work him. He doesnt like me to much right now Although this weekend I've decided to to stuff him with some good ol steak and a couple of Coronas. (Anyone know how much him and Charlie able to drink??) I have a feeling this is gonna be a record breaking bill...

Jeff "I'm just trying to help a fellow CF brother out"
WOW what a gesture of helping out a fellow vette brother
PS post us on the coronas bill that sounds too fun!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:27 AM
gt-hunter
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff,

Your offer is the single most incredible thing I have seen on this board to date. As I read this post I felt for Matt...In fact...I could see myself in his shoes and wonder what the hell to do next. Mine is a daily driver so I'd be up the creek if this happened to me.

When I saw your offer though I just fell back...Especially given the fact that you WOULD NOT offer it to anyone else since it was just to help him out...

You sir, are someone we should all take an example from. Some of us on this board are better off financially than others (I'm in the latter category ) but no matter how much money you have, nobody just GIVES things away for free....that was an incredible gesture....

Mike
Old 07-08-2005, 10:30 AM
kirbyloid
Safety Car

Default amen

Originally Posted by gt-hunter
Jeff,

Your offer is the single most incredible thing I have seen on this board to date. As I read this post I felt for Matt...In fact...I could see myself in his shoes and wonder what the hell to do next. Mine is a daily driver so I'd be up the creek if this happened to me.

When I saw your offer though I just fell back...Especially given the fact that you WOULD NOT offer it to anyone else since it was just to help him out...

You sir, are someone we should all take an example from. Some of us on this board are better off financially than others (I'm in the latter category ) but no matter how much money you have, nobody just GIVES things away for free....that was an incredible gesture....

Mike
AMEN
I sometimes forget how fortunate I am and really made me reflect this morning.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
92dreamin
Instructor

I don't usually reply to threads, but I have to say this one act of kindness that needs to be noted by more replies. It is a honor to know there are still kind hearted people that selflessly help people in need.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:01 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Jeff,

Your offer is the single most incredible thing I have seen on this board to date.
Thanks guys I really appreciate the kind words. I'm just doing what I think any one of us would do if we had a spare motor that we didnt need to use right away. If something that I have is better served by someone who has run into a string of bad luck then theres no question, they can have whatever they want.
Your right, the good lord has been good to me and my family. Its always nice to be able to do something for someone else.

PLUS, C'Mon guys.... Were all family here..
Old 07-08-2005, 12:11 PM
SteveDR425
Instructor

Originally Posted by Neablas
there is nothing overly great about the ls7 (427) crate aside from the fact you've got a 427 .. so tell me .. are three numbers worth 10gs? .. to me no ..

i'd def. go the forged stroker route whether it be an ls1 or an ls2 .. good luck on whatever you chose.

and also perhaps you could even look into your insurance policy to see if it might cover the engine? Since it's such a big ticket item I know sometimes it can be, depends on your policy.

I completely agree. A 402 LS2 is probably the best you can get right now for the price. I mean unless you have $12,000+ to spend on an LS7.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:03 PM
antoniopaolo
Drifting

Jeff,

Mike

made my morning just reading about the offer.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:13 PM
robsvette
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

thats a very generous offer
Old 07-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Go for a 427ci! with 225 AFR heads and cam!
Old 07-08-2005, 03:32 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Thanks guys I really appreciate the kind words. I'm just doing what I think any one of us would do if we had a spare motor that we didnt need to use right away. If something that I have is better served by someone who has run into a string of bad luck then theres no question, they can have whatever they want.
Your right, the good lord has been good to me and my family. Its always nice to be able to do something for someone else.

You rock man. What a helluva nice thing to do for someone. Talk about pay it forward! (or whatever that movie was) the next guy would have to give away his whole car to top that

youre in for some good Karma

Old 07-08-2005, 03:38 PM
BA2
Pro

American HP,

I'm at work so I can't e-mail. Drop me a line at nhodgson@earthlink.net and we'll hook up for a beer. That was a senseless act of kindness.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:42 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by George8211
I've always looked at this as an oppurtunity to go forged.... maybe even an LS2 stroker.
That's the spirit.

You can put a nice forged short block together for under $4K.

Mark
Old 07-08-2005, 04:24 PM
2ndVette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but, for another 8K you would have a 427.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:26 PM
ScreaminDemon
Drifting

I was going to chime in here with a stock 99' engine for $1500 sitting in my garage, but I just got blown out of the water here. This gesture got me all teary eyed! I love this place.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:50 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Still though that is an incredibly kind gesture. And the big guy you refer to in your above post will reward you accordingly for your unselfish generosity.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:55 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '20

Truely are some good people in this world.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:53 PM
3XBlack6spd
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is a nice LS6 Long block for sale in the Parts section.

Sorry I didn't see the Post by AMERICAN HP...That was a Wonderful thing to Do!!! Good to see it!

Last edited by 3XBlack6spd; 07-08-2005 at 05:58 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Motor went kaboom tonight....

Old 07-08-2005, 08:58 PM
dads01dream
Melting Slicks

Great offer to a fellow Forum member! You sir are TOP SHELF!!!!

I got all teary-eyed for the poor guy poppin' his motor on a date night.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:03 AM
SPD KILZ
Pro

Originally Posted by dads01dream
Great offer to a fellow Forum member! You sir are TOP SHELF!!!!

I got all teary-eyed for the poor guy poppin' his motor on a date night.
yeah so did I....
Old 07-09-2005, 12:15 PM
viper8u2
Drifting

Jeff,

Mike

real standup guy, makes me proud to be associated to a great group

Mike

Quick Reply: Motor went kaboom tonight....