C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 09:40 PM
200plus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (chuckster)

Radar Smadar....who uses radar anymore....???

In South Florida, every frigin' cop, even the wannabees have laser. My full time job is
fighting tickets in court....

Of course, it doesn't help when you drive a vette, let alone my Top Gun!!!!

Just talkin about it makes me want to go speed.... :chevy
Old 08-06-2001, 10:06 PM
kendawg
Racer

black might repel radar ,but cop cars, helicopters an airplanes cant even see PEWTER,it jests blends into the roads an walls
Old 08-06-2001, 10:06 PM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (200plus)

Oops, I was talking about Laser... We aren't invisible, just reduces the range we can be detected at. Same may apply to reducing radar detection signature/range if you think about the shape of our nose, makes sense.
Old 08-06-2001, 10:25 PM
Drop_Top_Dave
Team Owner

Kid Rock Fan
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (Tormania)

There are several factors that are in play here. The C5 is NOT invisible to radar....but with that being said if you are driving next to an SUV the radar is NOT picking your speed up, it's getting the SUV because it returns a much larger radar signature then a C5 does.
I'm afraid this is only PARTIALLY correct as it depends on what type of speed detection unit is being deployed. My local Sheriff's office utilizes the Stalker radar system in their traffic enforcement vehicles and most of their regular patrol cars. This unit has forward and rear looking antennas and is capable of tracking targets in front and in rear travelling TOWARD and AWAY from the patrol vehicle. It also has a "FASTEST TARGET" capability which will lock on, not on the BIGGEST target, but on the FASTEST one. Which means that beautiful C5 flying past the 18-wheeler is gonna get nailed every time. And with "instant on" and "lock" capability, you might as well sell the radar detector and use the money for either paying fines or hiring a lawyer.

Did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night? Nope. But I've been a Deputy Sheriff in this county for 10 years! Trust me, I'm from the government and I'm here to help! :D
Old 08-06-2001, 10:30 PM
ZAP
Pro

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (Drop_Top_Dave)

:U How about some paint off a stealth fighter? CAN WE SET UP A GROUP PURCHASE??? :lol: :cheers: :cool: :p: ;)
Old 08-06-2001, 10:38 PM
bk
Racer

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (2000^C5)

V! is a great tool. I am a certified as a traffic radar instructor by Kustom Signals and a certified operator for several other units. Any quality traffic radar unit will pick up the C5 accurately. The newer units will even identify the "faster" of multiple targets when tracking say, an approach Suburban and a speeding C5. With that said, the C5 is certainly one of the more difficult cars out there to pick up, particularly as the range gets longer. That's where the V1 comes in, and IMHO nothing can touch the V1.
Old 08-06-2001, 10:45 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (PHAT CHANCE)

Yeah, well GM ought to rename TORCH RED to something more accurate, like PLEASE-GIVE-ME-A-BIG-OL-F*CKIN-TICKET RED! :lol:
I'd hate to see what you'd want Millennium Yellow to be named. :D
Old 08-06-2001, 11:25 PM
Fahtrim
Team Owner

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (scorp508)

Yeah, well GM ought to rename TORCH RED to something more accurate, like PLEASE-GIVE-ME-A-BIG-OL-F*CKIN-TICKET RED! :lol:

I'd hate to see what you'd want Millennium Yellow to be named. :D
No you wouldn't.................
Old 08-07-2001, 05:14 AM
c5magred2
Racer

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (Speide)

last ticket i recieved was in tenn. on i65 south at night.on the way home from the vette museum.trooper said he clocked me on radar which is not the truth.i had a whistler at the time and it would have warned me,i know i have owned this detector for 8 years.their was a trooper in the median maybe 3 miles back that i had went past that was sitting broadeside in the median.he must have had laser because the trooper that pulled me over put a spot light on my car when he was traveling in the oppositte direction,and then cut through the median and pulled me over.the laser trooper was sitting at the bottom of a hill and they know that most vehicals gain speed down hill.c5s will really gain speed because they are more aeryo dynamic than any car on the road.i wasnt even on the throttle and was clocked at 82 in a 70 zone.guess i should have had the cruise set.i would have argued about which officer clocked my speed but i had been to dinner and had a couple beers with my meal.anyway the officers on the road today dont tell the whole truth and would probaly lie to a judge their mother wife etc... to get the allotted tickets to keep their pay rates up.these people are here to serve and protect and it has now turned into a nightmare because of the greedy and dishonest people that are using their authority to screw people out of money.dont get me wrong we need the protection but not the crap we are seeing now from these guys that need a raise.alabama has some sort of formula based on citations verses pay increases.tennessee is the worst i have ever seen,and i have traveled form coast to coast and canada to mexico. :mad
Old 08-07-2001, 10:55 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (c5magred2)

last ticket i recieved was in tenn. on i65 south at night.on the way home from the vette museum.trooper said he clocked me on radar which is not the truth.i had a whistler at the time and it would have warned me,i know i have owned this detector for 8 years.their was a trooper in the median maybe 3 miles back that i had went past that was sitting broadeside in the median.he must have had laser because the trooper that pulled me over put a spot light on my car when he was traveling in the oppositte direction,and then cut through the median and pulled me over.the laser trooper was sitting at the bottom of a hill and they know that most vehicals gain speed down hill.c5s will really gain speed because they are more aeryo dynamic than any car on the road.i wasnt even on the throttle and was clocked at 82 in a 70 zone.guess i should have had the cruise set.i would have argued about which officer clocked my speed but i had been to dinner and had a couple beers with my meal.anyway the officers on the road today dont tell the whole truth and would probaly lie to a judge their mother wife etc... to get the allotted tickets to keep their pay rates up.these people are here to serve and protect and it has now turned into a nightmare because of the greedy and dishonest people that are using their authority to screw people out of money.dont get me wrong we need the protection but not the crap we are seeing now from these guys that need a raise.alabama has some sort of formula based on citations verses pay increases.tennessee is the worst i have ever seen,and i have traveled form coast to coast and canada to mexico. :mad
The trooper thats said he clocked you on radar was giving you the civilian response for being caught on lazar by the other trooper.. the guy who stopped you was the catch car.. You can bet that the Spotter wrote down your license and the time..they are professionals at this... Dont you think they have their $hit together when they go to court.. they are out there to keep the speeds down so people do not get killed.If they wheren't there we would all be doing 100 mph..
Old 08-07-2001, 12:39 PM
rhoeven
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (Evil-Twin)

Evil-twin,

What is wrong by everybody going 100 mph?
I came from Europe and in Germany there are no speed limits on the highway unless posted. I'm sure that there are less speed related accidents as compared to the US.
I fully agree with speed limits as far there is a valid reason such as highways going through heavy populated areas or hazardous road conditions.
The US has 1000's of miles of great highways where there is no living soul around but nevertheless the 65 or 70 mph speed limit still is enforced AND THIS PISSES ME OFF :o Even the use of airplanes they deem justified. What a waste of assets.
Now if they would ticket the slow fast-lane drivers who take over 10 miles to pass another car and won't go out of the way , that would be revenue, it would make driving conditions more safe and would reduce road rage.
2 weeks ago, I got pulled over on the I-5 for supposedly weaving in and out traffic. Traffic was light and I was driving European style i.e pass on the left then returning to the right, going just 3 mph over the limit because I knew the cop was way behind me. He checked my license and registration and then asked me why I was going in and out of traffic
:rolleyes:

As we were talking it just happened that a truck passed by in the right lane , on his left there was a minivan with approx. a quarter mile cars behind it. I answered the officer "look at all those cars" , hope this answers your question.
No ticket :cool:

Sorry for my rant.

Roger
Old 08-07-2001, 01:00 PM
99c54me
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they wheren't there we would all be doing 100 mph..
Geez, so what's wrong with 100 mph? Can't we differentiate between excessive speed and safely exceeding the speed limit? Just because the sign says 55 does not mean 60 is unsafe, does it? If road conditions are such that 100 mph is safe than I say why not. Just seems to me that the police could use better judgement concerning safe speeds rather than concerning themselves so much with revenue collection.

Look at it this way, road conditions are continually changing, dry to wet, night to day, degree of traffic, pot holes, etc but you never see speed limit signs changing to match road conditions, this is left driver judgement. Oh, I know, the signs are maximum spped limits, but they don't take into account anything about the car, driver, level of traffic, no they are worst case only. Traffic police often fail to exercise good judgement by failing to consider various factors present at the time. I remeber when highway speed limits were 75 day, 65 night, that accounted for a condition.
Old 08-07-2001, 01:43 PM
UDLOSE
Racer

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (targac5)

You are correct that Radar can get a Black car over and over because it works on a frequency.

The original post should have said that laser is the hardest to to pick up on a black car because a laser works on light/color frequency and black absorbs the laser
Old 08-07-2001, 01:57 PM
QwikSilvr
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (PHAT CHANCE)

She wanted you dude, and I don't mean as a generator of revenue for the state ;) :lol: :bb
Old 08-07-2001, 02:48 PM
PHAT CHANCE
Racer

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (QwikSilvr)

She wanted you dude, and I don't mean as a generator of revenue for the state ;) :lol: :bb
LOL :lol:

hmmm.. now that you mention it, she was very cute! Guess I was little too :mad at the time to care. .. DOH!
Old 08-07-2001, 04:29 PM
DanielALee
Pro

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (rhoeven)

Daniel, don't leave us hanging. Tell us why 1 1/2months till your license is back.
I have had the honor of receiving 3 speeding tickets in the past 10 months. They were 86 in a 70, 87 in a 70, and 90 in a 70. The bastards picked me out of traffic on two of them...

Get this... The State Troopers called MY house asking for donations last night. I told them, "I have already donated my license... go to hell." :smash:
Old 08-07-2001, 04:45 PM
BatVette
Racer

I repel radar all night long when I am fighting crime in the BatVette :mad

Get notified of new replies

To C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable

Old 08-07-2001, 05:36 PM
Speed-Racer
Melting Slicks

I think laser is one of many ways they get you, and like you know the dummy cop patrol with the cop tailing him happens now and then here.

George
Old 08-07-2001, 05:38 PM
Speed-Racer
Melting Slicks

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (rhoeven)

rhoeven, that was a good story!

I don't think any locals met you yet, or at least I have not.

We have occasional get togethers, so from one ex-european to another I say Hi

George
Old 08-07-2001, 10:01 PM
FunDriver
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

Default Re: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable (Speed-Racer)

Stealty or not, radar or not, all I know is that my V1 has saved my rearend a number of times.

Quick Reply: C5 is actually the Stealth Fighter! Rader Invisable