C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost one valve spring keeper :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 09:05 AM
ProtoVette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost one valve spring keeper :(

I was changing my valve springs to the Comp Cams 918 springs over the weekend. The spring remover tool slipped and shot one keeper somewhere (probably where all the missing left socks in the universe end up). In retrospect, I know I definetely should have gotten a few extra keepers when I ordered the springs. But anyway, where can I get one or two really quick? The standard auto stores (PepBoys and the like) say they don't carry them or they would have to order them.
I have a LS-1 engine; are the keepers all the same? One guy at one parts store said something about different degree keepers, so I'm not sure what I would need. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Chris
Old 05-15-2006, 09:11 AM
IM QUIKR
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the dealship. I bought a few extras from Pontiac because Chevy was out.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:01 AM
SpeedyZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another good option may be a salvage yard. Around here when the salvage yard sells an engine they require a core to be returned. They normally pile those out back and sell parts off them and they sell the entire pile to a remanufacture after the pile gets large enough. Just tell him you would like to look in his core pile for a valve keeper off a LSx engine, don't forget to take you spring compressor with you.

Get notified of new replies

To Lost one valve spring keeper :(

Quick Reply: Lost one valve spring keeper :(