C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:13 AM
mitymikec
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny question

I hope someone here can help me on this one. I had my buddy build me and A4 tranny last year and the tranny shifted hard. I did not have a shift kit put in it and had the shifts firmed up and adjusted the shifts point as well. I recently had to rebuild it cause the OD and 3rd gear let go. I put and shift kit in it and now the tranny short shift at 5700 rpm to the previous 6400rpm that i have the shifts set at. The shift kit said recalabration is required once the shift kit has been installed. Is this different than the shift points adjustment that i had done? Do i have to retune the PCM? What do i need to do? Even worse the tranny started to slip last night again. The code p1644 showed up. What does this code mean? It is the torque delivery code but what is that?
Old 08-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Why don't you give Rodney at RPMTransmissions a call regarding your tranny build.

Or Andy at A&A Corvettes for tuning questions.

DH
Old 08-08-2006, 01:00 AM
mitymikec
Drifting

i did notice that the tranny felt like it would kinda up shift during a hard turn and would sometimes slip for a few feet when i would leave from a stop. Does this should like the fluid was low? any help would be great...
Old 08-08-2006, 10:46 AM
mitymikec
Drifting

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To Tranny question

Quick Reply: Tranny question