C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners please step in

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:23 PM
mitymikec
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuners please step in

I know some ppl may think this is in the wrong section but i can't get the answers I need anywhere else. I recently added a shift kit to my tranny. The tranny used to shift at 6400 rpm prior to the shift kit and now it shifts at 5900-6000 rpm. I didn't not change anything else. The guy at Transgo said the shifts are completed sooner with the SK but my car is still pulling when this shift happened. The shift points are the same so why the difference? Do i have to raise the shift points even higher and simply guess where it's gonna shift? If i change the setting do i raise the MPH or the RPM? There are 3 tables in the ls1 edit, normal shifts, hot shifts and performance shift. which tables do i make the adjustments to? The normal shift tables seems to have shifts rpm raised, the other 2 tables look like stock settings.

Another question is about the total timing. I have a ls6 in my car with 150hp shot of dry nitrous. What should my timing be? What is the highest timing i can have on the motor? What is the highest i should go on the spray?

I need some help here guys so step in please. I wanna break my personal best of 10.9@131mph with a stock ls6, with stock gears and stock converter and stock exhaust.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:44 PM
mitymikec
Drifting

come on someone must know the answer
Old 09-07-2006, 10:52 PM
95BlueBomber
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know a lot about the auto tranny situation but have never heard of a shift kit being installed in them.

Oh but I was thinking the tranny tables should all be the same. I believe copy and pasted from the performance table. Again I could be wrong about this as I dont know a lot about the auto. You may try LS1tech.com though for some better tuning advise.

As far as the timing goes... You would be safe to retard 4 degrees in the areas you will be spraying. I havent done a nitrous tune for a while but I usually did 2 degrees per 100 shot. But always shoot for the safe number.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:07 PM
mitymikec
Drifting

what would be a good total timing for the ls6?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 PM
95BlueBomber
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it were me I would go to a dyno and find the optimum timing for your car. Up the timing from stock 3 degrees... do a pull and watch Knock Retard. If there is none move up a degree.. and so on. Tune the car optimum without Nitrous first. Then retard 3-4 degrees from the areas you will be spraying and throw a little more fuel using PE. With the nitrous you want to be a little rich. If you have HPtuners send me a log and your tune over. With as fast as these LS1 computers flash, I would have two different tunes, one with NOS and one without. That way on the street you are tuned optimum and then on the track you are tuned optimum with spray.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuners please step in

Quick Reply: Tuners please step in