C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A funny electronic gremlin!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 03:59 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A funny electronic gremlin!!!

Here is one I have NEVER come across before.
Went to the car , put in key, turn, and DEAD!! Lights went one for one second then totally dead. I knew the batt and alt were fine, b/c I am constatnly checking their staus. I ATAP alot. So anyways I go to the batt and wiggle the neg ground connection. Sure enoguh the car starts!!! By itself. The key is still in the ign, but in the OFF position. So I am like Whoa!! I go and pull the key out and guess what ??!! She keeps running!! Haahha I then put the key back in and TURN it to on and then START!! nothing!! The beast will not die!! She will NOT turn off no matter what I do!! Haha so I figure that maybe my remote car starter is acting up. I press the two buttons and off she goes. Oddest thing. I did this a few other times because I could not find a 6 point combo wrench that I had to tighten those dam "my purpose in life is to strip" nipple bolts one the batt. Just about everytime I wiggle the neg ground the car starts with the key in the off postion.

Nutty..
what I think is happening is that when I put the key in the code is sent to the BCM and then PCM which then enables the fuel, but once she cranks, I short out. Once the connection is back the password is still there and completes the ignition cycle...still weird...either that or my aftermarket alarm is messing with me AGAIN!!!
:cheers: :nopity :reddevil
Old 10-04-2001, 04:05 AM
Ripped427
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: A funny electronic gremlin!!! (intel55)

Spooky,,,, ru going to Route 66 this weekend?
Old 10-04-2001, 04:20 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A funny electronic gremlin!!! (Ripped427)

oh yeah I will be there!!! Hopefully the weather holds. :cheers: :flag

Get notified of new replies

To A funny electronic gremlin!!!

Quick Reply: A funny electronic gremlin!!!