C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I be worried? (Cooling system stuff keeps failing)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Rogue Leader
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default Should I be worried? (Cooling system stuff keeps failing)

I have been having a myriad of cooling system failures lately. It all started with a small leak from the overflow tank. I swore there was a small leak from the upper radiator hose so I changed both out as well. I come to find the leak by the radiator hose was actually the drivers side tank on the radiator, a small hairline crack. I sealed the crack enough that it wasn't making too much of a mess and I could at least make it to work and back today. I ordered a radiator from Gene Culley this morning, come to find a puddle under my car at work... but nowhere near the radiator! It was coming from near the water pump. I find that the throttle body coolant line was leaking right by the throttle body, alot. So I pull it off, replace the clamp, and all was fine. I drive the car again, come back to another puddle. It is not leaking from any lines now, its leaking from the water pump! Now the car is parked as I have to wait for the Radiator from Gene and a new water pump to get delivered to the local Advance.

Should I be concerned? I had the system flushed last year, I'm going to obviously flush it again now. How tough is this water pump gonna be to do?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

6 bolts, it's easy , the 97/8's are a pita with the old style paper gaskets
Old 05-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Rogue Leader
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Steve@EnglandGreen
6 bolts, it's easy , the 97/8's are a pita with the old style paper gaskets
It didnt look too bad.... I'm more worried more stuff is gonna crap out...

Get notified of new replies

To Should I be worried? (Cooling system stuff keeps failing)

Quick Reply: Should I be worried? (Cooling system stuff keeps failing)