C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I replaced my TPIS headers with LG pros.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:29 PM
C5XTASY
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
High 12's around peak TQ and low to mid 13's at peak HP.

The LG's scavenge alot different than a typical mid-length header which most of the other manufacturer's provide. BUT, every combo is different and other components (heads, induction, etc,) will have a small role in the optimal A/F ratio.

Bottom line, spend the time on the dyno and see what your combo likes but I will bet it makes the most power in the 13's.

Tony
I was under the impression that any motor will make more power the leaner you go (to a point). But can't that be hard on an engine? Also, wouldn't the TPIS (or any other brand, for that matter) have produced more power with a leaner tune? As I recall from very early discussions on the LG's, people questioned some of the power gains claimed because the motors they were installed on were being tuned very lean, rather than "safe". Not trying to be a smart guy here, just trying to learn. Thanks for any info.
Ed

Quick Reply: I replaced my TPIS headers with LG pros.