C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need help with a question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:37 PM
gizmominou
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help with a question?

i have a 2002 z06 with a vararam cold air intake but my question is that there is only one air filter from the front of the car right up to the intake manifold. Any guys out there have another types of secondary filter in between the Vararam and the intake manifold. This question is ask because where i Live there is a lots of dusty highway, and kind of scared in sucking to much dust in the motor. I know all of you have good ideals and can help out...Thank you
Old 09-10-2007, 12:00 AM
RossJackM
Instructor

It is a good preventive maintenance job to periodically inspect the filter element in the varam. Start by checking each week. If the filter doesn't appear to be fouled, check every month, etc. Keep a spare filter element handy and change it out as needed. Normal replacement is every two oil changes, but that is based on "normal" conditions. Your "dusty" situation is not normal, so you need to determine an appropriate interval. Good luck and enjoy the ride.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:16 AM
dieseldave56
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default inspections...........

To answer your question directly , NO i don't know of a replacement filter or secondary filter.
But remove your filter an inspect the inside mount surface and ducting for particulate matter. If you have dirt or grit inside then yes you have a problem with either the filter design or the sealing of the filter to the housing.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:51 AM
vincentjames501
Burning Brakes

Aren't they cleanable?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
gizmominou
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default thanks

thank you for your info, that is why this site is so good for us rookies ,that need good help from pros.

Get notified of new replies

To i need help with a question?

Quick Reply: i need help with a question?