C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which O2 sensor do I replace for code P0141?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 04:31 PM
at88mph
Team Owner

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Which O2 sensor do I replace for code P0141?

I know its a rear O2 I need to replace, and I believe it stated being the right side, but since the 02's in the rear swap sides,(ie the one hooked up on the passenger side harness goes into the drivers side pipe, and the one hooked up on the drivers side harness goes to the passenger side pipe) so which one do I want to replace for this code? The one going to the drivers side harness or the passenger side harness?

Thanks for any help
Old 11-03-2007, 04:51 PM
FRCTony
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NONO5.0
I know its a rear O2 I need to replace, and I believe it stated being the right side, but since the 02's in the rear swap sides,(ie the one hooked up on the passenger side harness goes into the drivers side pipe, and the one hooked up on the drivers side harness goes to the passenger side pipe) so which one do I want to replace for this code? The one going to the drivers side harness or the passenger side harness?

Thanks for any help
This is indicating a heater circuit failure I believe.

Should be drivers side rear.

Make sure to check wiring carefully first.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:13 PM
at88mph
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FRCTony
This is indicating a heater circuit failure I believe.

Should be drivers side rear.

Make sure to check wiring carefully first.
Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, you mean replace the one that connects to the drivers side harness and the 02 itself is in the passenger side pipe; correct?
Old 11-03-2007, 05:17 PM
FRCTony
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, you mean replace the one that connects to the drivers side harness and the 02 itself is in the passenger side pipe; correct?
Doesn't matter what harness it's connected to... The one indicated by the code should be on the drivers side behind the cat.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:35 PM
at88mph
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FRCTony
Doesn't matter what harness it's connected to... The one indicated by the code should be on the drivers side behind the cat.

See, that's where I'm confused....the way they're hooked up (on my car) is one o2 plugs into the harness on the drivers side and then screws into the passenger side pipe after the cat and the other o2 plugs into the harness on the passenger side and then screws into the drivers side pipe after the cat...so which one do ya replace?

Last edited by at88mph; 11-03-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:23 PM
jirasvet
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See, that's where I'm confused....the way they're hooked up (on my car) is one o2 plugs into the harness on the drivers side and then screws into the passenger side pipe after the cat and the other o2 plugs into the harness on the passenger side and then screws into the drivers side pipe after the cat...so which one do ya replace?
I understand where you are getting confused. That is just the c-5 design that the rear O2 sensors wiring harnesses cross to opposite sides.
The driver side(bank 1 sensor 2) O2 connecting at the passenger side and the passenger side (bank 2 sensor 2) O2 connecting on the driver side.
Even though the driver side rear O2 sensor wiring harness connects to the passenger side,the PCM knows to read it as bank 1 sensor 2. That
is just how GM decided to run the connectors and wiring harness.
Like stated the O2 sensor you are looking to replace is on the driver side rear.
I hope I did not confuse you anymore
Old 11-03-2007, 11:48 PM
at88mph
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jirasvet
Like stated the O2 sensor you are looking to replace is on the driver side rear.
I hope I did not confuse you anymore
Gotcha...so I wana replace the one that connects to the passenger side harness but goes to the drivers side pipe, correct?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:12 AM
jirasvet
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default We Have A Winner

Gotcha...so I wana replace the one that connects to the passenger side harness but goes to the drivers side pipe, correct?
yes
Old 11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
at88mph
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jirasvet
yes
Thanks! Replaced it last night and drove it around all last night and today without the 'Check Engine' light coming on!

Get notified of new replies

To Which O2 sensor do I replace for code P0141?

Quick Reply: Which O2 sensor do I replace for code P0141?