C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZO6, is it Z "zero" 6 or.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 10:47 PM
HGlide82
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ZO6, is it Z "zero" 6 or..... (Tripleblack51)

I've never heard it called Z "zero" Six, always Z "oh" Six
Old 11-26-2001, 11:32 PM
WB6HRO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: ZO6, is it Z "zero" 6 or..... (HGlide82)

The other problem is that most people do not use Zero correctly. Most call it an "Oh" just say a phone number or address with a zero in it. Typically unless you were involved in aviation or radio communications you just were not trained to use zeros. Drives me nuts that the computer does not have a slash through the Zero. My communications typewritter in the Navy did.

Joe
Old 11-27-2001, 10:48 AM
Tripleblack51
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default Re: ZO6, is it Z "zero" 6 or..... (WB6HRO)

Joe,
You hit the nail on the head. My buddy was involved in aviation and likes to pronounce it Z "Zero" six.

Damn, this forum is a great place!

Thanks Joe, and all you guys out there.

The other problem is that most people do not use Zero correctly. Most call it an "Oh" just say a phone number or address with a zero in it. Typically unless you were involved in aviation or radio communications you just were not trained to use zeros. Drives me nuts that the computer does not have a slash through the Zero. My communications typewritter in the Navy did.

Joe
Old 11-27-2001, 12:46 PM
Mark S.
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: ZO6, is it Z "zero" 6 or..... (Carmine97)

Well Carmine, how do you pronouce ZR1.... I guess the "R" in ZR1 is a number??
The "O" is a letter...not a number. :yesnod:

As a matter of fact...Hib Halverson (well known Vette tester) had this to say:
"The 2001 Corvette Z06 is the hottest performance news since the coming of the ZR1 more than a decade ago. Back in early May, Chevrolet gave media a preview of this truly amazing car at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. After testing it on the race track, there’s little doubt in my mind that the Z06 (say "zee-oh-six") is the motorsports-oriented Corvette we’ve been waiting four years to get. I mean–this is one, butt-kicking, flaming hot, killer machine.
To make the "Zed-ought-six", General Motors, North American Car Division took the existing Hardtop model, gave the engine 40 more horsepower, added a special six-speed transmission, an upgraded suspension, a new wheel/tire package, improvements in the rear brakes then made Active Handling standard and took out some weight. The nameplate honors the historic RPO that was 1963’s racing package."

[Modified by Mark S., 11:19 AM 11/27/2001]

Quick Reply: ZO6, is it Z "zero" 6 or.....