C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Z06 Clutch fluid leak under car...clutch woes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 AM
eldudereno
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2004 Z06 Clutch fluid leak under car...clutch woes?

Have owned my 2004 Z06 now for a few months and after reading everyones advice I bought a large syringe with the intention of changing the clutch fluid at the end of this week. I started the car yesterday and low and behold the clutch pedal sits on the floor and I cannot get any gears. I've tried changing the fluid this morning which was pretty black and after 4 refills of the reservoir it stayed clear, trouble is there was fluid still dripping out of the car. The fluid is coming out about 6 inches behind and to the right of the oil filter, as I suspect, this must be close to the position of the slave cylinder? Since my C5Z is a 2004 model, surely I must have had the later improved slave cylinder so I'm really wondering what could have gone wrong with it. Is it common for the seal to have popped or as I've read in previous threads is it more likely that the bleed screw could be leaking?

I'll jack the car up tomorrow to try and find out exactly where the fluid is coming from.

many thanks for any help
Old 03-04-2008, 04:19 PM
bayarea
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a leaking slave also.......i had to change it out.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Corvette Don
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like you may need to get another slave (along with a clutch while you are in there). How many miles? Was the car raced a lot before you owned it?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:37 AM
eldudereno
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the slave cylinder is leaking. I forgot to say earlier that my car only has 17k miles on it.

Get notified of new replies

To 2004 Z06 Clutch fluid leak under car...clutch woes?

Quick Reply: 2004 Z06 Clutch fluid leak under car...clutch woes?