C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with my error code...P0137

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Lithium
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my error code...P0137

P0137
HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
ECM
DTC P0131, P0132, P0137, or P0138

I'm getting that error message. Anyone able to enlighten me as to what it might be? 02 sensors? Computer problem? I've done some research, but I can't pinpoint it. Thanks in advance guys!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Lithium
Pro

Ignore, I found a ****-load of info when I clicked search W/o the "-" in p-0137

Sorry guys!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Lithium
Pro

After doing research I have another question

When I first checked the code it was on a programmer so there wasn't a "h" or a "c". I just pulled the codes from the car via the DTC and it said my code was a H, but the light was still on. I reset it and it went off, obviously. What would be the reason why it was listed as a history code, but was still throwing a check engine light?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:52 AM
BlackZ06
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Lithium
After doing research I have another question

When I first checked the code it was on a programmer so there wasn't a "h" or a "c". I just pulled the codes from the car via the DTC and it said my code was a H, but the light was still on. I reset it and it went off, obviously. What would be the reason why it was listed as a history code, but was still throwing a check engine light?
Many codes are programmed so that even when the problem is "fixed" the warning lamp still stays on. In the PCM a number of codes that set the "Check Engine" lamp will leave the lamp on until 3 ignition cycles with no error have passed. Even after the 3 cycles with no error have passed, and the warning lamp is turned off, the DTC can remain in the computer in an H status for 100 ignition cycles before the computer deletes it.

In large part this is done so that a problem that appears to be intermittent to the computer(s) appears to be "on-going" to the user. For example, suppose every other time you start the engine the PCM has a problem with sensor X, and turns on the "Check Engine" light. An "average" consumer is less likely to fix a problem that seems to "come and go" than a problem that appears to be "permanent".

Last edited by BlackZ06; 04-09-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Lithium
Pro

Originally Posted by BlackZ06
Many codes are programmed so that even when the problem is "fixed" the warning lamp still stays on. In the PCM a number of codes that set the "Check Engine" lamp will leave the lamp on until 3 ignition cycles with no error have passed. Even after the 3 cycles with no error have passed, and the warning lamp is turned off, the DTC can remain in the computer in an H status for 100 ignition cycles before the computer deletes it.

In large part this is done so that a problem that appears to be intermittent to the computer(s) appears to be "on-going" to the user. For example, suppose every other time you start the engine the PCM has a problem with sensor X, and turns on the "Check Engine" light. An "average" consumer is less likely to fix a problem that seems to "come and go" than a problem that appears to be "permanent".

Thanks!

So, it's been two days now w/o the car throwing that code and the check engine light has not come on. Does that mean the sensor is fine and just hit some sort of fluke or is it still a good idea to replace it?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:20 PM
BlackZ06
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Lithium
Thanks!

So, it's been two days now w/o the car throwing that code and the check engine light has not come on. Does that mean the sensor is fine and just hit some sort of fluke or is it still a good idea to replace it?

I'd just keep on going. It's possible it was a "glitch" .... other possibility is the O2 sensor is getting old. If the error code returns, and clearing it only makes it go away for a day or two, then I'd consider diagnosing the problem further.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by BlackZ06
Many codes are programmed so that even when the problem is "fixed" the warning lamp still stays on. In the PCM a number of codes that set the "Check Engine" lamp will leave the lamp on until 3 ignition cycles with no error have passed.
exactly

http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic10068.php

Get notified of new replies

To Help with my error code...P0137

Quick Reply: Help with my error code...P0137