C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

targa top leaks

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:28 PM
talon46
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default targa top leaks

I posted a thread awhile back a guy mentioned to check set screws but did not really say where they were located at I have looked at the handles and there are two screws in each side. Please advise, both tops leak it comes from the seal seam mainly on driver side but both leak. Right where the top meets the windsield portion that little seam that goes straight down drips right on tops of the seat and door panels.

Taken for granted its the seals how hard is it to change them out and can someone give me a guess as to how much eash side will cost to replace. driver sides leaks way more then the passenger side does.

I have had the tinted glass one in since I changed the painted one out. since both leak I am inclinded to believe its the seal on the car vice the tops.

If some one can advise would appreciate it.

For now the car is in the garage getting ready to go to Iraq and will be storing it outside unfortuantely.

Will be trying to find a place that I can put it under something to keep the rain off of it.

Quick Reply: targa top leaks