C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone broke a Tex OZ700 clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:35 AM
jbauch357
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMFR
Man, your car sounds terrible. I can't believe they won't do anything for you.

Mine works awesome... luck of the draw maybe. Sorry to hear about your troubles, it really is an awesome clutch if you get one that works.
thanks, I keep pushing on them to make this right - but all they are offering so far is a replacement clutch disc in the x-grip... and with sounds like that coming from the clutch I want more than just a disc...

also it's funny that for some reason nobody at ECS or Textralia can seem to view the videos - and when they finally figure out how to click on the link they can't watch them with the sound loud enough to tell what is going on... I am getting lots of "I can't hear anything over your exhaust" - "all I see is your hand" - "so, are you getting chatter at first take off?" - lots of BS like that... I try to keep it in perspective that I'm dealing with automotive guys and not computer geniuses, but come on already...
Old 04-23-2008, 10:09 AM
ZR WON
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

jbaunch:

Been reading these posts with interest, as I've already outlined the similar issues I had with my first Tex clutch installation. I appreciate your desire to have the entire clutch assembly replaced, but remember this: As long as the flywheel and pressure plate aren't damaged(and they could be, only way to find out is to remove the clutch assembly and check it), the new clutch disc(you *must* re balance the entire assembly) should solve your problem.

I know it's not the solution you want, but the clutch assembly must be removed anyway. If in face the flywheel and pressure plate are fine, the new clutch disc should fix the issue; it did in my situation. Of course, if you pull the assembly out and the flywheel/pressure plate is scarred, then of course you should get an entirely new clutch.

Brian A.
90 ZR-1
12.09@118
01 Z06
not quite stock

Quick Reply: Has anyone broke a Tex OZ700 clutch?