C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my AC mode vacuum issue fixed! Thanks everyone!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:37 PM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Got my AC mode vacuum issue fixed! Thanks everyone!!

Just wanted to post up and say thanks to all who posted how-to's and pictures of the fix!!!

One trick that I found to fix the problem with a lot less trouble...

If you just unbolt enough of the fender to pull it out and get at that little vacuum canister behind it...you can just pull off the one 90 degree elbow that runs up to the intake manifold and just hook up a 6 foot long rubber vacuum line right there(I'll check the size hose here after a little bit and post it).

There's no need really to unwrap your entire wire loom all the way from the back of the intake all the way down the the fender well, then replace the broken part or entire line and wrap it all back up.

Just run the new line all the way up and fish it through the battery compartment and run it behind up under the cowl all the way over to the back of the intake manifold, then depending on your skill and size of your hands, pull the other rubber 90 degree elbow off the back of the intake manifold and just connect the other end of the hose right to the nipple that sticks out the the back of the intake manifold.

If you can't get to the connection on the back of the intake manifold with it on the car, just follow one of the write-ups on how-to remove the intake manifold(it's super easy)...there is no need to disconnect the fuel line so no special tools required either. Total time to remove and re-install the intake is less than an hour, just remember that there are TWO little rubber hoses connected on the BOTTOM of the throttle body and the MAP sensor connection BEHIND the intake manifold.

I put the car all back together this morning and fired it up and BAM! AC blows ICE cold and the air switches from head-head/feet-feet-feet/defrost PERFECT!

Thanks again!!

DZ

Quick Reply: Got my AC mode vacuum issue fixed! Thanks everyone!!