C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***97-02 C5 billet dual Walbro pump hanger.. The final answer for proper fueling**

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***97-02 C5 billet dual Walbro pump hanger.. The final answer for proper fueling**

Finally a real 1000HP fuel system for your 98-02 C5!
If you been looking for a piece that works with the stock siphon system, uses the stock fuel level sending unit, and can supply your fueling needs up to 1000HP, look no further.

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Eric and I work with Racing Solutions. At RSI we are paving the way with new and innovative solutions to long time problems fought by the automotive enthusiast. One thing that we have found is the definitive lack of dual pump kit options for the 98-02 C5. This system doesn't reuse risky stock parts that were never meant to support the kind of massive HP/TQ being laid down. Months ago we set out to launch the C5 to new power levels, and now after testing, we are confident in releasing these to the Corvette Forum public.

These hangers feature:

*T6 6061 construction
*Nickel plated bulkhead fitting with fuel safe polyurethane insert
*Twin GSS341 255lph Walbros with proper flat laying filters
*Quad *Male -6AN fittings, 2 feed, 1 return, 1 line from the passenger tank
*Custom Venturi block that enables auto leveling of the driver/passenger tank
*Easy install construction
*Quick reference diagram showing how the lines should be routed for proper operation

Also available as a kit including:
****Two (2) Walbro GSS341 – 255lph fuel pumps, and the correct installation packs.*****

These will be available for shipping in about a week. We are currently accepting preorders at www.racingsolutions.com,
or just follow this link:

________________________________________ _________

We will soon be releasing a custom C5 wiring harness and complete C5 fuel system options!

Last edited by Eric at RSI; 05-01-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:08 PM
nmp27
Pro

Nice looking piece!

Its good to see people that are still interested in R&D on our ol' C5's

Old 11-26-2008, 09:28 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Very nice set up!

Isn't this the same system that CND Performace sells and uses on all there high hp cars. I beleive Racetronix in conjuction with Lonnies Performance have been using this set up for some time now.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:38 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

WOW!

I need more HP to buy one of these!

XLNT product! One heck of a nice piece and at an great price too

Thanks,Matt
Old 11-26-2008, 09:43 PM
0Will at RSI
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 95vettski
Very nice set up!

Isn't this the same system that CND Performace sells and uses on all there high hp cars. I beleive Racetronix in conjuction with Lonnies Performance have been using this set up for some time now.

This is a system that we developed and manufacture. It is just now hitting the market within a week and this is the first announcement of the product. I have never seen the CND setup, but would love for someone to do a side by side comparison. We are always striving to make our parts better.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:32 PM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will this work for both style fuel systems.. the mid year 03 and 04 cars have FFS style system.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by 95vettski
Very nice set up!

Hello,

This unit is a complete replecement for the stock fuel pump hanger. There's no hacking the stock hanger, there's no BAP, there's no inline fuel pumps, there's no stomp it and pray. This is custom unit designed from the ground up and from what I know the only billet hanger on the market for the 97-02 C5. I believe that the other units are all modified stock units, and roughly all cost the same by the time it's all said and done.

This unit is so easy to install, we made a video.

Thanks!

Eric
Old 11-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
will this work for both style fuel systems.. the mid year 03 and 04 cars have FFS style system.
I'm not 100% sure that it will work with the 03-04. I believe those come in from the top and as well we haven't tried these hangers on those years. We do aim produce a unit that we can test on the 03-04 here in the near future.

Thanks!

Eric
Old 11-27-2008, 05:32 AM
sultan 2 ZR1 KSA
Burning Brakes

nice very nice i am very intrested
Old 11-27-2008, 06:45 AM
sultan 2 ZR1 KSA
Burning Brakes

dose this system come with pluming i meen fuel lines from fuel railes to tank or is it just the canaster ??
Old 11-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

I see there are multiple connections. Can you setup it up for a pump per fuel rail or do you combine them and run one pump off of a hobbs switch.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Jesse_Boyer
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed
Old 11-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
I see there are multiple connections. Can you setup it up for a pump per fuel rail or do you combine them and run one pump off of a hobbs switch.
You can do either actually, it all has to do with do your plumbing is arranged. The test C5 has his plumbed to twin -6AN lines "Y" into a single -8AN, then a second "Y" into twin -6AN into the rails. Each pump runs individually and can be triggered through individual relays so you can use a hobbs swtich to trigger the secodn pump when the power comes on.

Thanks!!

Eric
Old 11-27-2008, 11:22 AM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
The prototype is in my car and we combined the 2x-6 feed lines into a -8 and ran forward to the rails and a hobbs switch will be used to kick the 2nd pump.

One of the -6 feed lines has the venturi block inline to feed the 2nd tank and there is a -6 return line from the 2nd tank to the tophat .

No more wondering if your 2nd tank is going to level out or not.

Ive run 7 full tanks of fuel through the car to test the syphoning of the system and it works flawlessly .

After all my R&D i have not seen anything on the market that even compairs to this intank dual pump setup .

You dont have to use a boost-a-pump or an external pump any more to support 650-1000 hp applications

This setup is also real easy to install in the car and is a tuner/installers dream come true .
Old 11-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by sultan 2 ZR1 KSA
dose this system come with pluming i meen fuel lines from fuel railes to tank or is it just the canaster ??
Hello,

Here's what comes with the hanger:

Billet hanger assembly
4 extended male -6AN fittings
nickel plated bulkhed fitting w/ poly insert
twin Walbro 255L/hr pumps
twin filter socks
single custom venturi syphon
3 -6AN fittings to mate to venturi syphon
All hardware

We are planning lines and rails to complete the fuel system later on down the road. I have to say that we firmly believe that this is light years ahead of anything on the market.

Here are some pics of the test vehicle. The owner of the test C5 will come online here soon to report his experience with the hanger system so far, but I know that he's run multiple tanks of fuel though in order to ensure the venturi system works properly. With some fine tuning, we now have the passenger tank auto leveling with the driver tank upon fill up and usage.

The test car specs are 402ci iron block, and a big ole dual stage shot. This is the perfect car to test with because it represents the HP goals of a lot of C5 drivers.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:36 AM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Heres your comparasion .

Lonnies Setup ,, currently the best setup on the market .

RSI's New Setup .

No comparasion imo .
Old 11-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by zoomz

You dont have to use a boost-a-pump or an external pump any more to support 650-1000 hp applications

This setup is also real easy to install in the car and is a tuner/installers dream come true .
Exactly. The added costs of inline pumps and a BAP work out to be what we're asking for this unit, if not more. This drop in unit doesn't need a BAP or any inline pump. It's drop in and go.

I also agree that this is a tuners dream. No more fapping around with dodgy systems; now this system is the standard. It takes very little time to install and setup, and offers ultra high quality along with function.

Eric

Get notified of new replies

To ***97-02 C5 billet dual Walbro pump hanger.. The final answer for proper fueling**

Old 11-27-2008, 12:01 PM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

I noticed in a couple of the pics, you use the stock type accordion teflon(?) hose to feed from the pumps, and in the other pics, you use a rubber fuel hose.

Have you tested the immersion properties of the rubber hose to determine if, over time, the hose has any tendency to swell and soften, effectively weakening the hose?

I have seen it happen, which is why I ask.

That would be my biggest concern with what looks like a very nice setup.

I'm not currently in the market for a fuel system, but if I were to consider yours, I'd probably request the factory style hose to be installed.

I think it would be more durable over time.

Thanks for any info.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by zoomz
Heres your comparasion .

Lonnies Setup ,, currently the best setup on the market .

RSI's New Setup .

No comparasion imo .
Exactly. Now let's go a little further into it. The homebuilt unit is exceedingly long and that means the time to install is that much longer. You may even have to drop the control arms to make it easier for the Lonnies unit to install. The new RSI hanger doesn't require any of that. The unit is shorter by design so it's much easier to install (please reference the video for how quickly it goes in).

Also look at the filter socks. Lonnies unit has filters that stick straight into the air and as the fuel level gets low, the bags will be exposed to the air. As everyone knows, any air introduced into fuel lines equals big problems. The new RSI unit has filters lay flat, and on the floor of the tank. That means they draw every drop of fuel possible with no air introduction.

Overall, and again, I firmly believe that this is the best fuel solution on the market for the 97-02 C5. If someone is making HP right now, then they owe it to themselves to consider switching to something that's this high of quality, this straight forward, and this effective.

Thanks again!

Eric
Old 11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by vrybad
I noticed in a couple of the pics, you use the stock type accordion teflon(?) hose to feed from the pumps, and in the other pics, you use a rubber fuel hose.

Have you tested the immersion properties of the rubber hose to determine if, over time, the hose has any tendency to swell and soften, effectively weakening the hose?

I have seen it happen, which is why I ask.

That would be my biggest concern with what looks like a very nice setup.

I'm not currently in the market for a fuel system, but if I were to consider yours, I'd probably request the factory style hose to be installed.

I think it would be more durable over time.

Thanks for any info.
That spring loaded yellow fuel hose was used on the prototype, but eventually switched to the black fuel hose that is in the car now. The black hose that we use now is rated for fuel immersion, and is what comes in the Walbro install kits. It'll last without the risk of blowing out

Thanks!

Eric

Quick Reply: ***97-02 C5 billet dual Walbro pump hanger.. The final answer for proper fueling**