C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Starts then dies about 5 seconds after?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 07:08 PM
arbrmdangus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Starts then dies about 5 seconds after?

I have a 2002 Z06 with a A&A Supercharger kit. I just recently installed the kit and have been driving for about 3 weeks. While driving, the car died in mid throttle, so i was towed home. The dash said low oil level so I changed the oil and put a new sensor in and still the car starts then dies. Now there is no check engine light or low oil level wanring and the car still dies? Anyone have any idea what might be going on? I had A&A flash the computer so I could drive until tuned..... Thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by arbrmdangus
I have a 2002 Z06 with a A&A Supercharger kit. I just recently installed the kit and have been driving for about 3 weeks. While driving, the car died in mid throttle, so i was towed home. The dash said low oil level so I changed the oil and put a new sensor in and still the car starts then dies. Now there is no check engine light or low oil level wanring and the car still dies? Anyone have any idea what might be going on? I had A&A flash the computer so I could drive until tuned..... Thanks
Is your security light on? You could have a Vats issue.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Nver2loud
Pro

my car did that the other day after installing my rebuilt trans...tried it twice, and then found my airbridge was disconnected. I would look for a disconnected tube, you could probably disconnect your MAF and try to start the car, it should run, just run like crap if that is the problem.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:28 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts

Ok, so what have you checked? Is the fuel pump priming? What is the fuel pressure at the rail? Any codes?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:18 AM
arbrmdangus
Instructor

No codes and I am not sure if the pump is priming, I dont have pressure guage, and I also tried to listen when I turned the key to on and did not hear much other than a click. I will try the air bridge deal. thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 10:45 AM
c5Cruiser
Racer

Location: Corona CA - "An Armed Society is a Polite Scociety"

Curious but do you put it gear then it dies?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts

No codes and I am not sure if the pump is priming, I dont have pressure guage, and I also tried to listen when I turned the key to on and did not hear much other than a click. I will try the air bridge deal. thanks
If you don't hear that fuel pump come on for 2 seconds when you turn the key to the on position...stop right there.

Get notified of new replies

To Car Starts then dies about 5 seconds after?

Quick Reply: Car Starts then dies about 5 seconds after?