C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LONG TUBE DYNATECH OWNERS PLEASE HELP WITH o2 WIRING LOCATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:22 PM
VIPERRACING
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LONG TUBE DYNATECH OWNERS PLEASE HELP WITH o2 WIRING LOCATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys, my new car(2002 Z06) came with long tube dynatech headers but my question is when I went to replace the front o2's, they are located right before the hi-flow cats, the wire's that run down the driver side of the car plugs into the passanger side o2 and the wires going down the passenger side plugs into the driver's side o2. Is this correct for Dynatech headers or are they going to the wrong sides because my car is having some isssues after it warms up. Thanks for any help, Tony.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:18 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

doesn't sound right, but you can download the installation manual from Dynatech...I have one somewhere if you have trouble, I believe it should show how they are connected
Old 07-19-2009, 10:54 PM
djengr
Pro

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
doesn't sound right, but you can download the installation manual from Dynatech...I have one somewhere if you have trouble, I believe it should show how they are connected

I just put on LG headers on mine and the O2s in front of the cats go to the same side the pipe is on. Pasenger side tube should plug into pasenger side, etc. The O2s behind the cat cross over. (if they are there, mine are not).

Good luck.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:56 AM
clayton1
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have dynatech headers but I cant recall whether its the pre-cat O2's or the after cat O2's that are crossed, I *think* its the afters that are crossed.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPERRACING
Hi Guys, my new car(2002 Z06) came with long tube dynatech headers but my question is when I went to replace the front o2's, they are located right before the hi-flow cats, the wire's that run down the driver side of the car plugs into the passanger side o2 and the wires going down the passenger side plugs into the driver's side o2. Is this correct for Dynatech headers or are they going to the wrong sides because my car is having some isssues after it warms up. Thanks for any help, Tony.
That is exactly correct in both wire placement and 02 location. I've installed two of these systems and it's critical that the 02 wiring crosses as you've stated.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:18 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by Last C5
That is exactly correct in both wire placement and 02 location. I've installed two of these systems and it's critical that the 02 wiring crosses as you've stated.
This is correct. Mine went the same way and no problems.

To the OP, what issues are you having?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:37 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

TOP TEN C5 INSTALL FAIL ITEM, x'ing the front O2's

left to left........is correct.

the DT's are a pita to install w/ all the slip fits and 7 pcs. of piping
Old 07-20-2009, 02:49 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Doten
TOP TEN C5 INSTALL FAIL ITEM, x'ing the front O2's

the DT's are a pita to install w/ all the slip fits and 7 pcs. of piping
Steve, I don't disagree, but they claim to be an ez bolt on....I have a set sitting in my garage awaiting the chance to have them installed...I hope they don't give me trouble...the hardware looks fantastic, and it looks like they did their engineering work well.

Jerry
Old 07-20-2009, 03:29 PM
VIPERRACING
Instructor

Thanks guys but Im a little confused because I have (last c5) telling me that the wiring that runs down the drivers side goes to the passanger side o2 and that the Passanger wires go to the drivers side then I have (Steve Doten) telling me that basically that is the wrong way and that the drivers side wiring goes to the drivers side o2 and that the passanger side wiring goes to the passenger side o2. So which way do they go ? Mine are crossed at the moment and after the car warms up, or after it goes into closed loop it some times loads up and starts to back fire through the exhaust. The crazy thing is that it will clear it self out and drive fine then it will load up again after a few minutes of driving. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPERRACING
Thanks guys but Im a little confused because I have (last c5) telling me that the wiring that runs down the drivers side goes to the passanger side o2 and that the Passanger wires go to the drivers side then I have (Steve Doten) telling me that basically that is the wrong way and that the drivers side wiring goes to the drivers side o2 and that the passanger side wiring goes to the passenger side o2. So which way do they go ? Mine are crossed at the moment and after the car warms up, or after it goes into closed loop it some times loads up and starts to back fire through the exhaust. The crazy thing is that it will clear it self out and drive fine then it will load up again after a few minutes of driving. Thanks again for all the help.
When your Dynamax's were installed extensions were probably put on the factory front 02s pigtails so they could reach the new 02 install location. At some point these extensions should be crossed. How they ultimately installed the rest of the wiring is anybody's guess.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:01 PM
VIPERRACING
Instructor

Originally Posted by Last C5
When your Dynamax's were installed extensions were probably put on the factory front 02s pigtails so they could reach the new 02 install location. At some point these extensions should be crossed. How they ultimately installed the rest of the wiring is anybody's guess.
Thanks, Ill get it back on the hoist and take a better look. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Russ K
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Regardless of the brand of header, the front O2 sensor wiring is NOT crossed (left side O2 plugs into left side vehicle harness, right side O2 plugs into right side vehicle harness).

The post cat O2 sensor wiring is crossed (if rear O2 sensors are installed)

Russ Kemp

Get notified of new replies

To LONG TUBE DYNATECH OWNERS PLEASE HELP WITH o2 WIRING LOCATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: LONG TUBE DYNATECH OWNERS PLEASE HELP WITH o2 WIRING LOCATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!