C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird metal on metal sound when I hit bumps

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:52 AM
bhoch
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default weird metal on metal sound when I hit bumps

Never mind.. I think i can just pry off the speaker cover, remove the speaker and look round in there..

I'll post more once I do that if I don't resolve.

Thanks....

I have a (what sounds like metal on metal) sound coming from inside the car where the right (passenger) rear speaker is. I tried to find a write-up on how to take that covering off - but did not see one - so I can look in there and see what may need adjusting/tightening. The speaker works fine and does not appear to be bouncing round. Shock, etc.. all seems to be working fine when I hit a bump.

Can anyone tell me what in in there with the rear speaker that could be making that noise aid point me to a write-up on how to take the panel off, etc..

Thanks!

Last edited by bhoch; 12-08-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: found possible solution..
Old 12-08-2009, 12:12 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 112 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by bhoch
Never mind.. I think i can just pry off the speaker cover, remove the speaker and look round in there..

I'll post more once I do that if I don't resolve.

Thanks....

I have a (what sounds like metal on metal) sound coming from inside the car where the right (passenger) rear speaker is. I tried to find a write-up on how to take that covering off - but did not see one - so I can look in there and see what may need adjusting/tightening. The speaker works fine and does not appear to be bouncing round. Shock, etc.. all seems to be working fine when I hit a bump.

Can anyone tell me what in in there with the rear speaker that could be making that noise aid point me to a write-up on how to take the panel off, etc..

Thanks!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM
bhoch
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

lucky131969 - THANKS!

Get notified of new replies

To weird metal on metal sound when I hit bumps

Quick Reply: weird metal on metal sound when I hit bumps