C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left Leaning

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:42 PM
James I. Forker, Jr.
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Left Leaning

Hello C5 Technical / Performance Forum,

I recently had my C5 taken to the shop on a flatbed tow truck to have a ‘check engine’ situation checked out. In route, the oil pan was punctured by the tow hook. Needless to say, the emphasis shifted to replacing the oil pan, etc.

The oil pan and its pickup tube were replaced; in order to accomplish this, the front wheels were removed and the front suspension was lowered. After getting the car home, my wife and I noticed that the left side is lower than the right side when viewing it from the rear end.

Using the outboard rear taillight lens screw as a point of reference, the left side measures 30-5/8 inches from floor to center of left lens screw while the right side measures 31-3/8 inches from floor to center of right lens screw. Any ideas as to what may have caused this. The car was level before the repair work was performed.

Best regards,
JF
Old 12-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Mark C5
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

If the shop followed the service manual procedure they removed the transverse spring. It is possible they did not properly adjust the leveling bolts when they reinstalled the spring. You are close to Jason and Stephen at EnglandGreen. You might want to give them a call and let them take a look at it.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Blown 346
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a look at the front bolts on the suspension that lower the car. They might not have adjusted them the same on each side. Its an easy 10 minute fix.

Get notified of new replies

To Left Leaning

Quick Reply: Left Leaning