C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Error code P0155

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 08:38 PM
muelledc
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Error code P0155

Does anyone have any opinions on or history with error code P0155? I get it occasionally (the error code is current) and have been doing some research on the possible causes.

Error code of P0155 indicates a Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1.

What could cause this? Could a modified exhaust (headers, LG long tubes and Borla stingers) be the issue?

I have also noticed that occasionally (seems correlated with cold weather) that when the car is first started the engine idles at higher then normal speeds around 1200-1500rpms. After about 20-30 seconds the rpms fall back to the normal level around 800rpms. I'm pretty sure that the DTC trips the check engine light because of the rpm speed.
Does anyone know what could cause higher then normal rpms? Also is this related to the P0155 code?

Conditions for Running the DTC:
Since the end of the last idle period, the engine speed is more than 850 RPM for a minimum of:
17 seconds for manual transmissions

I'm not sure how to proceed, thanks for any input!

-Duane
Old 12-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Skinny Kid
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long tubes are the culprit, cold weather doesn't help either. I get the o2 codes occasionally too. They cool off that far back in the exhaust stream and get lazy. Then the codes pop up. I just clear em and move on. I've been looking for a fix and I might just end up running dual
widebands and using their simulated narrowband output.

Justin
Old 12-12-2009, 02:17 PM
muelledc
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what I've been doing as well, clearing them and moving on. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:06 PM
99XTC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I just got this today also. It's really cold up in MA and CT (Military) and I just noticed the engine light coming on today.

Get notified of new replies

To Error code P0155

Quick Reply: Error code P0155