C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Air Intake installaton help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Normseven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Air Intake installaton help

Does anyone know how to install the factory air intake assemby. Does the housing cover go in first? How are the clips attached. I failed CA smog because of an aftermarket intake. I have aquired a factory unit and removed the non-stock unit, but am having a hard time firguring out the sequence to put the factory unit on. I did not remove the factory unit, my car came with the aftermarket unit. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:17 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 112 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Normseven
Does anyone know how to install the factory air intake assemby. Does the housing cover go in first? How are the clips attached. I failed CA smog because of an aftermarket intake. I have aquired a factory unit and removed the non-stock unit, but am having a hard time firguring out the sequence to put the factory unit on. I did not remove the factory unit, my car came with the aftermarket unit. Thanks.
Most aftermarket air intakes come with instructions on removal of the factory system. I would think one would only have to follow those instructions in reverse order. Take your pick, many are available online.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Dennis Wilson
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You need to drop the stock air box down in first then connect the MAF & duct to the throttle body. The box should have grommets that pop onto pegs in front. I just had to do the same thing.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Normseven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis Wilson
You need to drop the stock air box down in first then connect the MAF & duct to the throttle body. The box should have grommets that pop onto pegs in front. I just had to do the same thing.
So the pegs that are attached to my box, need to go into the core support?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Dennis Wilson
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I just went & looked at mine, its an `03 Z06 There are 2 posts facing towards rear on the front frame & 2 more facing up on the radiator shoud The airbox should have 2 holes with grommets on the bottom that snap onto the forward posts & the air duct has 2 grommets that snap onto the posts on the shroud. My stock box is in the attic now Maybe they were different in different years. I`m not sure. Good luck Hope this helps you. Dennis

Get notified of new replies

To Factory Air Intake installaton help

Quick Reply: Factory Air Intake installaton help