C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR injection pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 05:45 PM
Beer:30
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by runner140*
I agree....and I did. Commenting on Pounder...dump the whole system.
I would be happy to, but what's the work around? Pros/cons? Share some knowledge please.
I came here to try and figure out what is causing the abnormal operation and I would like to address the issue. I found this thread that has the same symptoms, so I thought I would see if I could help it along rather than make another unsearchable dead end post.
"Dump the system" adds nothing to the conversation, but I am open to it.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:35 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by Beer:30
I would be happy to, but what's the work around? Pros/cons? Share some knowledge please.
I came here to try and figure out what is causing the abnormal operation and I would like to address the issue. I found this thread that has the same symptoms, so I thought I would see if I could help it along rather than make another unsearchable dead end post.
"Dump the system" adds nothing to the conversation, but I am open to it.
it is supposed to run just for like 20 sec. cold to warm up the Cats, you will most always have a car tested for emissions cold, so no worries, getting rid of all that junk plumping makes much easier to change plugs and such, looks cleaner !!!! will make NO difference on how it will run !!! (will need to tune out the system to eliminate codes or disable the codes with a HP tuner !!!
Old 04-18-2019, 08:44 PM
bigsapper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

work around: turn the codes off in the PCM

downsides: none
Old 04-19-2019, 06:51 PM
Josephu
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 137 Posts

Downsides......none??? Emissions Equipment.... If you live in a state that has emissions testing, you will not pass if those parts are missing. That is unless you know someone who will sign off on that. Cheat!!! It seems like testing is getting more stringint every year. Just something to think about.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:19 PM
Beer:30
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Josephu
Downsides......none??? Emissions Equipment.... If you live in a state that has emissions testing, you will not pass if those parts are missing. That is unless you know someone who will sign off on that. Cheat!!! It seems like testing is getting more stringint every year. Just something to think about.
Yes I just passed emissions testing this month. I think I have one more in 2 years and then it becomes exempt.
Yesterday when I pulled into the garage I heard it cycling, it is regular every 4.4 seconds and it stopped after about 10 times.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:00 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by Josephu
it only runs when car is stone cold, they test emissions stone cold ??????
Old 04-21-2019, 08:39 AM
Josephu
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 137 Posts

Havent you ever heard of the ...." Visual Inspection".....??
Old 08-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Capterics
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That was very helpful. My 2001 keeps setting P0410. Because of my research, I disconnected the output hose from the AIR pump and the air stream is very weak. Yet it does have some flow which leads me to believe the vacuum system is fine and the pump is weak. Would you agree?

Quick Reply: AIR injection pump