C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

traction control

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 02:39 PM
jetmech09
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default traction control

lately I have been getting "Traction control warming up" message . last 3 or 4 min and clears . why is it doing this?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:10 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The tration control uses input from the wheel speed sensors at each wheel -- The ABS system uses the data to prevent the wheels from skidding at a hard stop and the taction control uses the data to keep the wheels from spinning on a hard launch
Many times the codes will be triggered by driving on a rough road or going over railroad tracks---
Other than that you can have a fouled/dirty or unplugged sensor pigtail behind the wheel brake rotor causing the warning---A continued re-appearance of the warning points to the latter---
Old 06-12-2011, 05:08 PM
mcgilles
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the message is perfectly normal for fresh starts on very cold days. this time of year I wouldn't expect to see them.

I've driven my car in temps down to nearly 0*F, even then I've only seen this message once or twice. then it finished up the process and another message appears saying that the warm up is complete and everything's ready to go.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 PM
kp1
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

That's what was happening to my car as the steering position sensor was taking a crap. My cruise control would kiick off randomly also.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:10 PM
daleweible
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is if I take off very slow, like idle down the driveway [900 feet] It will come on about 1/3 of the way down and last to the .3 mark. I can do it every time, but if I dont idle down the drive to start with I never very the warm up notice. I guess they were not built to drive at idle?

Get notified of new replies

To traction control

Quick Reply: traction control