C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 01:11 AM
CJ-Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (vettvert)

This is like a bad joke. :lol: Most good tuners are booked through the next year. And that is by customers paying cash and with those plastic thingies that you make payments on. I mean come on, the tuner would have to finance you, you probably don't have a Visa or Mastercard if you do the limit is way to low for a tuner. And if a bank will not give you the money, why would a tuner that has nowhere near the money of a bank? Especialy when he is booked by people that can pay for it. I know why don't you have mommy finance it?
Old 04-27-2002, 01:40 AM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (CJ-Z06)

CJ-Z06...I understand your point. They have customers ready to pay full upfront so why would they take a risk on me. I fully understand.

Well, you did bring up a good point though....Why not have mommy finance it??? I got a even better idea--Why not let your wife pay for it since I do so many things for her...now I can start chargin her! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Old 04-27-2002, 01:45 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (wheresmyz)

I got a even better idea--Why not let your wife pay for it since I do so many things for her...now I can start chargin her! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Old 04-27-2002, 01:50 AM
MDL-01C5
Safety Car

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (wheresmyz)

Well, you did bring up a good point though....Why not have mommy finance it??? I got a even better idea--Why not let your wife pay for it since I do so many things for her...now I can start chargin her! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Nice knowin' ya --well...nevermind:rolleyes:
:seeya
Old 04-27-2002, 01:54 AM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (intel55)

I try to be nice in the begining when posting...not saying HA HA I got a vette and am only 18-I tried to be mature about it in my first post just asking for help, thats it.

But people like CJ-just make me mad. Didnt I say that i'm paying for the vette. I never said I needed mommy's help. So people who dont have anything worthwhile to say-keep your comments to yourself. I hate hearing people say, "stop whining...your lucky you have a vette at 18, ask mommy for money"

I know I'm lucky enough to have a vette at 18 but its not like I rub it in peoples faces.

Old 04-27-2002, 01:59 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

WEll all in all I really do not think ANY tuners are going to help you finance any kind of serious mod like heads and cam. It would be nice, sure, but a sound business decsion on their part. It just brings up to many liabilities.

Maybe you could do this instead. Maybe call up or email a tuner and say this. How about I give you $100/month (or whatever, you choose) and when I hit 80% of the cost of a h/c package you send it to me OR when I hit 100%. That way maybe you can lock in the price and start building towards your goal. Beisdes credit cards, parents, etc hleping you I think that would be the only reasonable way to go. That way the tuner has zero risk. You will either pay each month and if you don't the tuner has no parts out, so a win win I think.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:03 AM
LTD
Racer

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (Chris18tx)

while we are on the topic of young and buying your first corvette, a friend of mine on saturday was able to finance, and buy his first corvette, at age 20 a 02 EB Z06, 100% himself with his money, and payments of 608 a month..he put 13500 down on it, also has a 99 camaro SS pushing 400+ hp at the crank that he paid off 6 months ago, he has always paid for his car's minus his first V6 camaro at 16, he works 50+ hours a week and goes to school fulltime..talk about something to be amazed and proud of
chris :cheers:
Sorry, I have to weigh in. There is no way in hell that you can work 50+ hours per week and overcome an academically rigorous program. No way in hell. I laud the spirit of your post, but come on?!?!?!?

Show me one Harvard MBA student with 50+ hours to spare. It just doesn't happen.

Old 04-27-2002, 02:04 AM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (intel55)

Thanks for the help Intel55.
Thats a idea I think could really work.

I just would like to thank you Intel55.......someone that is actually helping me :yesnod:
Not making fun of me or saying anything bad...Just trying to help someone out-which is all I asked for.

Thanks Intel55
Old 04-27-2002, 02:07 AM
LTD
Racer

WEll all in all I really do not think ANY tuners are going to help you finance any kind of serious mod like heads and cam. It would be nice, sure, but a sound business decsion on their part. It just brings up to many liabilities.

Maybe you could do this instead. Maybe call up or email a tuner and say this. How about I give you $100/month (or whatever, you choose) and when I hit 80% of the cost of a h/c package you send it to me OR when I hit 100%. That way maybe you can lock in the price and start building towards your goal. Beisdes credit cards, parents, etc hleping you I think that would be the only reasonable way to go. That way the tuner has zero risk. You will either pay each month and if you don't the tuner has no parts out, so a win win I think.
Right on Intel,

Tuners are not in the finance business, but I am sure that they could find a partner to finance the H/C package.

After all, if the H/C loan were secured against your vetty, wouldn't you pay?

Hello BoA, Citi, et al... opportunity is knocking!

Old 04-27-2002, 02:12 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

:D No problem. I was in a similar situation, a lil younger, with rebuilding a 1955 Chevy Bel AIr. Anyways, I think that the sort of payment plan above would be good for at least a few tuners. You could try even emailing my friend Brian at Vettewrench. Email is on the web page from my sig below. I have no idea what he would say, but it is a start. Try a local shop around you if any. Go into a local speed shop and ask about layaway plans or such.

Pay a tuner a set amount every month and when you hit 80 or 100% he releases it to you. Send the money out the first of the month befoer you get a chance to spend it and it could work :D

Hope something works out for you. :cheers:
Old 04-27-2002, 02:16 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (LTD)

Right on Intel,

Tuners are not in the finance business, but I am sure that they could find a partner to finance the H/C package.

After all, if the H/C loan were secured against your vetty, wouldn't you pay?

Hello BoA, Citi, et al... opportunity is knocking!

yup totally true... I wonder if you could get a secured loan, from a bank. I guess they would "perfect" a claim for the amount of equity you have in the car minus the depriciation. Hmmm another.... yeah talk to a bank or similar loan officer. Your mother might be able to cosign. THere is a way I am sure... jsut much much tougher because of your age and lack of credit history or at least any lenghty one.

[Modified by intel55, 12:17 AM 4/27/2002]
Old 04-27-2002, 02:20 AM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

Thanks again Intel55

I'm gonna see about the bank secured loan on Monday and in the meantime---email some tuners (including the place you gave me) and tell them about that idea and see what they say
Old 04-27-2002, 02:22 AM
twinrx7
Instructor

Again, I have to say.. If you make enough money to pay 500/month on that car, you can get a credit card with a high enough limit to finance the whole thing.

-Matt
Old 04-27-2002, 02:25 AM
twinrx7
Instructor

Thanks again Intel55

I'm gonna see about the bank secured loan on Monday and in the meantime---email some tuners (including the place you gave me) and tell them about that idea and see what they say
Personally, I think thats a bad idea. So, you pay a hundred a month for xx number of months. What if you wreck the car? Change your mind? Why not just take the 100 bucks a month and buy a savings bond. At least that way you will be earning a little money on your money and if you change your mind, you don't have to fight to get it back.

You know how hard it is to get parts from tuners when you actually pay for them? The whole phone run-around? Well, imagine if they are holding your cash.. good luck getting that back.

-Matt

[Modified by twinrx7, 10:53 AM 4/27/2002]
Old 04-27-2002, 02:28 AM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (twinrx7)

I've tried to get CCs.....I got 2 in recently...one only for $400 and one for $1000.

So far I havent been able to get a CC that has a higher limit to put a installed H/C package on
Old 04-27-2002, 02:45 AM
evil-1
Burning Brakes

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (twinrx7)

Hold off and save your money, H/C pkg. get's more expensive as you go. Next it will be wider rim's better tires, dont dig yourself a hole enjoy the ride......
Old 04-27-2002, 08:42 AM
CJ-Z06
Instructor

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok now I am done laughing,
First, I don't have a wife, I have a Vette, 02 Z06,,, paid for 100%. The comment about your mommy,,, it was a bit of a joke, but seriously,, if your mom will put a big down payment, and then pay for who knows how long,,, then give you the 500 dollar payment,,, she has already paid for the car,,, you are hardly paying for any of it,,, Anyway if she will do that,, why not ask her to help you out. Also your reply was quite typical of someone your age, imature and childish. I think maybe your mom should think about having you behind the wheel of a vette. :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out!

Old 04-27-2002, 08:47 AM
CJ-Z06
Instructor

yup totally true... I wonder if you could get a secured loan, from a bank. I guess they would "perfect" a claim for the amount of equity you have in the car minus the depriciation.
Doubt it, the car is probably still in moms name, and insurance for that matter cause if you had your own it would be more than your 500 dollar payment.,,, With the car in moms name he owns nothing and can't get a loan. Once again, why not have mom finance it? Or wait untill you make some money in life and do it then. :seeya
Old 04-27-2002, 01:38 PM
tjfees
Racer

My one experience with a tuner was with Cerra Racing. They are too busy serving customers from all over the midwest who pay the whole bill than to take on any financing. JMHO ;)

It sounds like you have a dream though so don't give up. Just find a plan and work towards it!

[Modified by tjfees, 11:42 AM 4/27/2002]
Old 04-27-2002, 01:48 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (vettvert)

I think you should mind your business
wheresmyz;

if you want people to mind their own biz, then don't post on a public forum :nonod:

Quick Reply: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out!