C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oi cooler on C5 Z06 with a Procharger and Dewitts Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:28 AM
danoz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil cooler on C5 Z06 with a Procharger and Dewitts Radiator

Has anyone successfully installed an oil cooler with a procharger kit on your car. There does not seem to be a lot of room in the front of the car. If you did install one or know someone who did, was there a lot of fabrication involved or is there a kit out there that will fit? Also has anyone instralled a screen mesh for the license plate? Did it help out a lot? It looks like it would. Is there a ready to install kit or is this something that you need to fabricate from your own plate cover? I am seeing some very high oil temps(265+) in 100+ deg weather.

Last edited by danoz; 07-13-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:05 AM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by danoz
Has anyone successfully installed an oil cooler with a procharger kit on your car. There does not seem to be a lot of room in the front of the car. If you did install one or know someone who did, was there a lot of fabrication involved or is there a kit out there that will fit? Also has anyone instralled a screen mesh for the license plate? Did it help out a lot? It looks like it would. Is there a ready to install kit or is this something that you need to fabricate from your own plate cover? I am seeing some very high oil temps(265+) in 100+ deg weather.
Can't help in regards to the packaging issues that the procharger will introduce. I have an air cooled oil cooler with the heat exchanger in front of the radiator. You could try the integrated oil cooler/rad from DeWitts...I think other than the rad all you have to route are lines and an oil filter adapter.

However...265 oil is not bad on hot day. With a stock engine, folks have had them last for many many years with that as their max temp.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Some people cut out that area in the front and do that front screen mod, trim some bumper support/foam and put a cooler behind it.

I think someone did it in this thread.. I think

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...car-today.html
Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 AM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have the procharger kit, but I did mount my cooler behind the front plate like others have told you , if you look at the pics in the attached link you can see my oil lines in the space between the bumper and the splitter.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...-finished.html
Old 07-13-2011, 01:47 PM
corvettebob1
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Do a search on forum member patches he just had a write up in the general section about engine oil cooler install.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:26 AM
danoz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GOTHAM VETTE that looks really good! That is exactly what i'd like to do if it is possible. Your oil temps must be pretty cool. I will send the shop one of your photos to see if they can do something similar. Thanks to everyone who replied. It is nice to know 265 isn't abnormally high during the summer. I just have never seen temps above 240 before and I have an LSX iron block motor which I think is culprit for the extra 25deg increase in oil temps.

Get notified of new replies

To Oi cooler on C5 Z06 with a Procharger and Dewitts Radiator

Quick Reply: Oi cooler on C5 Z06 with a Procharger and Dewitts Radiator