C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'03 C5Z and Hurricane Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Qthehunter
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 C5Z and Hurricane Intake

I've searched the forums and did not see the type of answer I was looking for.

What's everyone's experience with this intake? I am not interested in who sells the best one or which one is preferred. I am not trying to break any land speed records. The install looks classy and clean.

Will I have check engine lights with this unit? Can the car run good without a tune? I do not want to tune yet as I plan on installing Headers / X sometime in the future.

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:48 AM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

you shouldnt get a CEL with this. it is no different than any other aftermarket air intake out there. a tune wont be necessary. it looks a lot like the icebox style intake. You did see the part about the stock duct not working with this system so you are going to have to drop another hundred on another duct.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Qthehunter
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by baxsom
you shouldnt get a CEL with this. it is no different than any other aftermarket air intake out there. a tune wont be necessary. it looks a lot like the icebox style intake. You did see the part about the stock duct not working with this system so you are going to have to drop another hundred on another duct.
Yes. Thanks for pointing that out. I am just looking for an improvement over stock as well as a clean, classy install. Does anyone have any power numbers?

Also, in the past, i've installed CAI's and have had problems with check engine lights. Are there issues with the filters and oil build up on the MAF sensor?

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:58 PM
C5FORFUN2
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Qthehunter
Yes. Thanks for pointing that out. I am just looking for an improvement over stock as well as a clean, classy install. Does anyone have any power numbers?

Also, in the past, i've installed CAI's and have had problems with check engine lights. Are there issues with the filters and oil build up on the MAF sensor?

Thanks.
Yes too much oil in the filter will cause problems with the MAF and as far as Hp gains, very minimal. (IMO not worth the cost)
Old 04-27-2012, 06:27 AM
ipuig
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I've searched the forums and did not see the type of answer I was looking for.

What's everyone's experience with this intake? I am not interested in who sells the best one or which one is preferred. I am not trying to break any land speed records. The install looks classy and clean.

Will I have check engine lights with this unit? Can the car run good without a tune? I do not want to tune yet as I plan on installing Headers / X sometime in the future.

Thanks.
If you are interested in purchasing a used one I will have one available soon (carbon fiber type with the carbon fiber air bridge and silicone coupler). My Z came with that intake when I bought it, I'm removing it so I can autocross in the stock class. I'm waiting for the arrival of the lower radiator support, once it's here it coming out and going up for sale.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Qthehunter
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by ipuig
If you are interested in purchasing a used one I will have one available soon (carbon fiber type with the carbon fiber air bridge and silicone coupler). My Z came with that intake when I bought it, I'm removing it so I can autocross in the stock class. I'm waiting for the arrival of the lower radiator support, once it's here it coming out and going up for sale.
Keep me posted. Send me a PM. Definitely interested. If you could take pictures when its off the car that would help.

Any issues with it as far as codes? Was the car tuned?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:24 AM
ipuig
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Keep me posted. Send me a PM. Definitely interested. If you could take pictures when its off the car that would help.

Any issues with it as far as codes? Was the car tuned?
No codes, my car is a stock 01 Z, no tune. You have a PM.

Last edited by ipuig; 04-27-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To '03 C5Z and Hurricane Intake

Quick Reply: '03 C5Z and Hurricane Intake