Notices
C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BSM removal

Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 PM
scott1094
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default BSM removal

To those that have removed their BSM. Is the removed molding in good enough condition to re-apply if I decide I don't like the look. I understand the need to use 3M double sided tape but I'm concerned about the molding bending of taking a set with a curve or fold from removal.
Thanks.
Scott
Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 PM
racetchr
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt have any issues with mine. The trick is not to pull on the moulding, I used fishing line to "saw" the adhesive apart from the body and moulding. Keep it level and straight as you work along. Short pieces were no problem.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:04 PM
[email protected]
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had them removed and never looked back. Do it!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:01 AM
FRITZM
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BSMs

A heat gun might help as well to loosen the adhesive a bit as you use a fishing line to saw through the adhesive. Be aware that you might notice the paint under the BSMs to be deeper and a bit darker than the rest of the door/fender paint due to the UV rays that may have somewhat bleached the paint on the door/fender. Good luck.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:58 AM
scott1094
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just go about this carefully and try not to damage the moldings. I like the way Mr. Bill's C5 looks and unless I see one in person I'll just have to hope I like the look on my own Lt. Pewter coupe. Thanks again.

Scott

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BSM removal

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: